1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 DC Dash Lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by myclejay, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Sep 24, 2011 at 1:41 AM
    myclejay

myclejay [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SD
    Just installed an AVIC 120BT and my cluster dash lights don't turn on. Funny thing as I had connected all 3 orange wires (wht/org (1st aftermarket harness)), wht/org (HU), blk/org (2nd aftermarket harness) together and my dash lights went off when I turned my headlights on. Then, I turned the headlights off and the dash lights came on.

So, I disconnected the black/orange wire from the mix and everything was good except the dash lights still didn't come on like they're supposed to. Then, when I grounded the orange/black wire (by accident) to the HU chassis the dash lights came on but the same thing all over again. I almost think by connecting the blk/org wire to the other orange wires it grounds it out completing the circuit.

What do I need to connect in order for the dash lights to work again? Is there another wire I have to tap into since the aftermarket harness doesn't provide direct connection...or so it seems?

Any help would greatly be appreciated :(

2. Sep 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    myclejay

myclejay [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SD

Products Discussed in

To Top