1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 sport tacoma problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RDAY, May 24, 2009.

1. May 24, 2009 at 3:21 PM
    RDAY

RDAY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    anyone else having these problems I have 25000 miles its always garage kept and my stock wheels are all corroded and starting to rust everyone of them. And the back of my truck rides really ruff and squeaks really bad i can push on my tailgate and all i can here is it squeeking and squaking what could this be what would u guys do?

2. May 24, 2009 at 3:24 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    people have been having alot of troubles with the wheels, not sure what to say that wouldn't involve alot of labor.... as for the squeaks, mine just started as well... almost 60k here.

3. May 24, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The rims- Some got bad prep/coatings- Talk to the dealer about getting the re-finished
    The Rough ride- Check out all the info about the Harsh Ride TSB
    The squeaking- Clean the springs with high pressure water and spray the bushings with some dry moly lube...See if that does it. Might have to get into the spring pack and lube those too.

4. May 24, 2009 at 3:36 PM
    RDAY

RDAY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    if i still have warranty should i just let the dealer take care of everything?

5. May 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM
    bigyetti

bigyetti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    asheville, nc
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 short bed
    sirius satilite radio, more on the way when i get more money. oh ya removed the secondary filter
    go to the dealer make them dom the work. you still have warrenty left use it

6. May 24, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    My '05 started squeakin a while back. Took it into the dealership and they worked on it. Went away for about a month. Then it came back. I sprayed mine with a pressure washer and it went away for a while. But, it's back again. I haven't tried any grease or lube or anything yet. But spray the springs with a pressure washer if you want it to go away until you can really get it taken care of.

7. May 25, 2009 at 3:42 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Can't really see a reason to take it in here... I'm lifted :p I'm sure the guys here are nice enough that they might, but I'm not worried about it, I'll get to it eventually.

Products Discussed in

To Top