1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 taco making it mine

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by dubbedSinner, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Jul 9, 2010 at 1:39 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
  2. Jul 9, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner [OP] blisters

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    thanks, at least u can respect the work that went into it. i cant take the credit for building them though but u can say that i designed them. with this tacoma i cant start cutting anything until i have it payed off, so while i am paying it off i plan to do the research needed and try to get the skills to be able to build it myself

3. Jul 10, 2010 at 12:51 AM
    YeahYeah

YeahYeah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    (My Home - Murrieta, CA) Now, Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Pre-Runner
    mud flaps gone, second air-filter gone, DTRL, fog light whenever and work with hi-beams, cut exhaust (was wicked flow), flat black stock rims, ABS switch, cup holder led's (with switch), turning signal mod #45, Bilstien 5100's, grill mesh
    and you applied it to the inside of the light correct?

4. Jul 10, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    no, u just spray it on the outside of the lens. first prep it with some diswasher soap to get all the dirt and grease off then spray

5. Jul 13, 2010 at 11:57 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    so today i took out the secondary filter and also cleaned the throttle body. i noticed a big difference with accelaration and also throttle response

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jul 14, 2010 at 12:58 AM
    unentered

unentered Son of Baconator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB4x4MGM
    OME 886/Dakar, ARE CX, AMS Filter, WT Mats, 255/85/16s
    Truck's looking swell. That tint is DARK. I don't know if I would've gone that dark on the tails, even though they do look good.. How much light are they putting out now? Any night shots? What 22s are you looking at? I'm going to watch this one. Kudos to you, different (in this case) is good.

7. Jul 14, 2010 at 2:49 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    whoa both of those bagged trucks are meannn....esp the ranger. body dropped?

r u gonna bag this taco or static?

8. Jul 14, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    they put out a good amount of light especially at night. during the day they arent as bright but i do have some new bulbs coming in that should help that. thanks for the compliment, i always strive to be different haha. here is a night shot of the running lights

[​IMG]

and here are the 22s i plan to get

[​IMG]

thanks man, the ranger was just bagged and z'd up front. it layed out on 20s. im hoping that in a few years after i have this truck payed off i will be able to bag it and lay frame on 22s. but the plan is that once i get enough money i will just drop it for now

9. Jul 14, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    i tried to clear the headlights just a while ago and no luck. i baked them in the oven at 300 for 5 minutes after i took all the rubber off and everything else and i could not get it apart. maybe i just didnt bake it long enough? im not sure

10. Jul 15, 2010 at 5:22 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    those rims look good! haha i guess the grass through me off on the ranger...if you need drop info there's a bunch of info up on customtacos.com and XR-Underground.com for these trucks...idk if you looked into it yet or what.

11. Jul 15, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    unentered

unentered Son of Baconator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB4x4MGM
    OME 886/Dakar, ARE CX, AMS Filter, WT Mats, 255/85/16s
    Agreed, those wheels look good.

12. Jul 15, 2010 at 8:36 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    thanks everyone! i have looked around customtacos some but not much really and i havent been to xr-underground but i will def check it out. and yea thats why i liked that pic in the grass haha

13. Jul 15, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    andrew

andrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport, 4x4- totaled
    OEM bug deflector
    Yea replace those wheels...my god those stock wheels are damn ugly, post haste on that mod for sure.

14. Jul 15, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    yea i hate them so much! if only i had $1800 laying around...

15. Jul 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    so i cleared the headlights, added a bunch of led lights, and a sticker. also took a few pics of the taco next to my new sonoma that i just traded my blazer for

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Jul 17, 2010 at 9:30 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

tail light led's, 105 led's per bulb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Jul 17, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i hate yellow turn signal bulbs so i replaced them with some red ones

[​IMG]

...so much better

18. Jul 23, 2010 at 2:36 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    well even though there isnt too much interest in this ill update anyways...

not much of an update but i replaced the stock headlight bulbs with some bulbs that are supposed to have the same look as an 8k hid light. this will do for now until i can afford the real thing. also i took the mud flaps off

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my leds for the gauges showed up today and i will do that once i get the time

19. Jul 23, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    Rims rims rims rims rims rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

20. Jul 23, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    soon soon soon i hope haha. i took the 22s off the noma and put them on but the offset wasnt right and they stuck out way to far and looked like poop. damn that sucks

Products Discussed in

To Top