1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 taco making it mine

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by dubbedSinner, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Aug 24, 2010 at 7:17 PM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner [OP] blisters

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    finally got some updates for u guys!

so i took the bulbs out of the climate control to get rid of all the orange. my idea was to use an led strip at the bottom of the radio to shine down and light up the controls. this was my first attempt that i rolled with for a few weeks before i finally got the parts needed to throw it in the trash

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as u can see i also added some led strips under the dash but after a few days i decided they were way to bright and i took them out. i have a plan for them, just need to do it.

2. Aug 24, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    here is the second attempt that i finished today and i am very happy with the result. i ordered a new dash kit, the scosche one and painted it to match the truck. i also got an smd led strip that is real thin and not as bright which works better for me. also i changed the leds in the airbag lights, the ac and cabin buttons, the window switch on drivers door. and i changed the clock from orange to blue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Aug 24, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit: the clock is actually more of a light blue/green color. still much better than orange though.

4. Aug 24, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    and my truck officially no longer has anymore orange or red lights on the inside now!

5. Aug 24, 2010 at 7:26 PM
    tbturner47

tbturner47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Barcelona Red TRD Off Road
    omg......your a genius

6. Aug 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    lol, sarcasm?

7. Aug 24, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    tbturner47

tbturner47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Barcelona Red TRD Off Road

lol, maybe slightly. But still a great idea. It looks really good I love it.:)

8. Aug 24, 2010 at 7:48 PM
    Taco505

Taco505 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    dang man lookin good i like it alot, cant wait to see it on some 22's!

on a side note im really not tryin to be a dick but the grill and the bumper are a little diff color than the truck or m i just retarded? but either way im jealous that it same some damn color then just black haha

9. Aug 24, 2010 at 8:02 PM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
  10. Aug 24, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    haha thanks. i thought it was a good idea. and ive never seen it done before

yea it is just off a little bit. it annoys the crap out of me but most people dont notice unles i point it out to them haha. maybe one day ill get it sprayed with a real gun and not rattle canned

sweet

11. Aug 24, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    Taco505

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    haha its cool man like i said it looks better than just the black, i didnt really notice till like the 3rd pic or somethin like that i was like huh? and thought maybe it was just the pic.

i bought an sr5 bumper from a guy on tw hopefully just gotta wait till i can go pick it up!! then ima eventually paint everything else eventually haha

12. Aug 24, 2010 at 8:26 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    yea its a little hard to notice. but u still can. thats awesome, where will u get your paint from?

13. Aug 24, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    Taco505

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    well i bought the bumper from another member on tw, that had the sr5 impulse red front bumper so thats covered but as far as the other color matched paint ill get it from the local NAPA paint store they will just grab the color code off the door and mix up the color. i have used it before and its a really good match looks awesome

14. Aug 25, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    i havent thought about doing that. that is a good idea

15. Aug 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    art760

art760 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Kenwood In-Dash Screen.
    All your work has paid off man, your truck looks really good!

So you painted the bumper and grill yourself? How did you do it? and prep it?

16. Aug 27, 2010 at 8:44 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    thanks! comments like these keep me motivated.

yea i painted it myself. i started by taking everything off and sanding with 1000 grit or something, i dont remember for sure. after the entire surface to be sprayed was sanded i sprayed an adhesion promoter on everything. next came the base coat and after that the clear. i rushed it and its not perfect bc of that. i should have primered it also, when i sprayed the dash kit i used a white primer and the color looks closer imo

17. Aug 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    BIG UPDATE!

to me at least...

I ordered the wheels/tires and djm control arms plus some 4" blocks from streetacos.com today!

so hopefully in a few weeks ill be lowered on some 22s!!

18. Sep 4, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    So I decided it was time for a voltmeter that was blue to match the rest of the interior lights. I got rid of the red one that plugged into the 12v accessory and ordered a blue one off of ebay. I fiberglassed a pod for it on the coin tray beside the steering wheel. After I finished the final sanding and hooked it up for the last time it decided to not work. So I went back to ebay and got a Stinger voltmeter and put it in. It does not mount flush like the other one did because the Stinger meter is bigger. So in the future I might redo it so that it can be flush but I think it looks pretty good now.

Cardboard used to get the basic shape, and slots cut in the back for the fiberglass to be able to bond to itself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

glassed and smoothed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

painted and installed

[​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  19. Sep 4, 2010 at 8:35 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

night shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my favorite pic so far of the interior

[​IMG]

20. Sep 6, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    dubbedSinner

Member:

Products Discussed in

To Top