1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'07 Tacoma wheel upgrade

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Birdfarm77, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Feb 14, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    Birdfarm77

Birdfarm77 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    '07 basemodel Tacoma
    afe pro dry air filter,secondery air filter removed,factory delay wipers,leather wraped shift knob,factory fog lights,custom bike rack,x-runner wheels.
    I've got the base model '07 Tacoma with the not-so-great looking steel wheels. I'm looking for an OEM upgrade, or possibly aftermarket wheels, that would fit and look good on my truck. I prefer to stay at about 16 or 17-inch aluminum wheels. Any suggestions? Pics would be greatly appreciated. :D

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    what wheels do you like? i have a set of trd off road wheels that im not using.

3. Feb 15, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    Birdfarm77

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    '07 basemodel Tacoma
    afe pro dry air filter,secondery air filter removed,factory delay wipers,leather wraped shift knob,factory fog lights,custom bike rack,x-runner wheels.
    I like the look of the x runner wheel but just think 18 may look alittle of if the truck is not lowered so i,m after that 5 star look in a 16to17 inch.Also looking for pics of other members base modle trucks wheel upgrades for ideas.
    thanks.

4. Feb 15, 2010 at 1:24 PM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 2wd access cab base.
    Kenwood DDX-512 Deck, Boston Acoustics G5 Sub in Ported Bassworx Box, Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X10D Amp, Sirius Satellite Radio, Magellan GPS, DDM 55w bi-xenon headlights, 2 HID Hella 500ff's mounted behind grill, 4 pc ebay Billet grill, Fog Lights (my truck didnt have them stock), Pioneer Speakers 6x9's(front) 6.5's(rear) AFE Cold Air Intake, Hose Clamp Mod, Tailgate Strengthen Mod, Removed Gay Mud Flaps, De-Badged, BHLM, 245/45/20 on velocity wheels. VW865a, Extra D Rings In Box, OEM Cruise Added Optima Red Top Battery
    you got the 5 lugger like me right?

5. Feb 15, 2010 at 1:49 PM
    barlowrs

barlowrs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Build Thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/builds/74926-barlowrs-06-taco-expo-build-thread.html OME Lift, FJ SE Wheels, 255/85 KM2, Allpro Plate Bumper, 8K Winch, Synthetic Line, Yaesu FT-8800R, Custom Sliders Sockmonkey bedside decals, BHLM, base model grille, TRD offroad (black) trim
    Where are you located? I have a set of TRD offorad wheels (standard ones) as well as a set of TRD offroad chrome ones. (Not REALLY SHINY chrome, just slightly chrome if that makes sense). All have tires, so I'd rather not ship though.

6. Feb 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    i would suggest looking for a rav4 or a highlander wheel on craigs list or ebay.

7. Feb 15, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    Plain Jane Taco

Plain Jane Taco POST WHORE M0DERATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport PR
    If I were going aftermarket this would be the one I would get.

16x7 Sport Edition F7, fitted with a 235/65 tires.

[​IMG]

8. Feb 16, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    Birdfarm77

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    '07 basemodel Tacoma
    Thanks all i do have 5 lug wheel and im in canada so shipping would be bad .I was looking at a set of 05 rav 4 wheel that i think would look sharp has any one out there used this also the boss at work has a 05 camery s that has sharp looking wheels would eather of this just bolt on any problems.But if i cant get a oem type wheel that sport edition f7 would look good.
    thanks again for the input

9. Feb 16, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    There is a guy on here that has the rav 4 wheels on his 5 lugger and they look really good! I'm on my phone so I can't search to find the thread that has a picture of his truck.

10. Feb 17, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    Birdfarm77

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    '07 basemodel Tacoma
    If you could find the tread of the member with rav 4 wheel it wood relly help to see how they look .
    thanks for the help.

11. Feb 21, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    lowzone

lowzone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Earth aka NJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM AC 2.7L 5 spd SR5
    future plan of 2" drop and any type of rim thats not a steelie. grille and BHLM mods, maybe....
    ok, i just got my 5 lugger, pick her up Friday, 2010 access 2wd sr5 (ill update my info)....its running the 15 steelies and i want alloys. i know ill need tmp sensors for the alloys as the steel ones ,, ive been told and read often, DONT fit. I also want the steelies for winter, but getting back to the rim choice. im REALLY good figuring out 6 lug rims and backspacing on my Isuzus BUT im lost on the tacos. i want 17 or 18s, figure go with OEM Lexus, mazda RX8 or simular rim design, but the factory X runners are 18x8 +30....and they tuck inside the fenderwells alittle. Now if i want to push the rim OUT more, do i decrease the "+ offset" to say +20mm???? since its basically FWD rims that fit the 5 lug trucks, i dont want to narrow my track....which would be for example "+40", am i correct? to make the rims go OUT further, i DECREASE the + offset number??? I like the idea of OEM rims as there are MORE choices and MORE availalbe in years to come versus discontinued "custom" rims....let me know if im correct on the backspacing. Spring is coming and so will my new rims and tires....and the 2" drop :)
    thanks in advance
    Ron

To Top