1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 Tacoma Won't Start After Running In Hot Weather

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by brodave, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Jun 3, 2012 at 3:57 PM
    brodave

brodave [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Woodland, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma extended cab
    My '07 Tacoma won't start after driving an hour or more when I shut it off for at least 30 minutes. It has a 4 cylinder and a 5 speed manual trans.The motor temp is fine and no bells or whistles come on. I have a Sekurit system on it and yesterday I had to drive it to the Toyota dealer in Davis, Ca. They called me up today and tried to tell me that it was "defective part in the security system". I said then if so why does it start at all regardless of the temp of the motor. Well as I expected he couldn't answer the question. Then I asked him if he could 100% tell me that this was the problem and of course he couldn't and then tried to take me around the perpetual mountain. I have been on other web sites and have discovered that this is a common problem with these pickups. No one can so far give a definative answer as to the cause of the problem and no one has even mentioned the Sekurit security system as the cause. So.....I called the Roseville Toyota and talked to the service dept. and they said they have never heard of the security system causing a problem like this. So right now the truck is at the dealer that has no answers......,can someone please help if anyone has any info on this apparently common problem??? My direct e-mail is dvdevita@earthlink.net cell is 530-383-1796

2. Jun 3, 2012 at 4:03 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is gooder 'en chicken Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+250k AND COUNTING), 88 SR5 PU (SOLD), 98 TRD OR (CRUSHED)
    5100's all on fours
    Um, as far as I know this is not a common problem of the 2TR motor. There is a TSB for an intermittent no start of the 1GR motor however.

3. Jun 3, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    brodave

brodave [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Woodland, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma extended cab
    Appreciate the reply 98tacoma27 but believe me before a couple of hours ago I was unaware of this being a common problem with the tacoma's also. In the research I have so far done.....it's a common problem with little or no answers as far back as '96.

4. Jun 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    I think first thing you need to do is define "won't start"
    Is it
    1. Crank no engine kick in

or
    2. I turn key and no crank nothing

Its possible to have bad connection due to alarm system. that will prevent relays from kicking in and starting truck. bad connection will get affected by temp in engine bay.

To Top