1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'08 rear suspension

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BLOCKADE, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Feb 24, 2008 at 2:06 PM
    Zebra

Zebra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Millington, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 2.7L 4x2 Reg. Cab 5-speed
    Volant ram air and CAI setup, Fumoto oil drain valve, Pioneer DEH-3900MP
    wait aren't the 08 rear leaf springs made from nanotubes?

2. Feb 24, 2008 at 7:16 PM
    dsds

dsds Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary AB
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC TRD Sport - Black Sand Pearl
    TacomaWorld sticker, DRL mod, running boards, roof rack, remote start / security alarm, marker/turn signal mod, map light with dome light mod, TRD seat covers, rear spring TSB
    Hey Klown and everyone else, what is your manufacturing date of your 08?
    (driver doorpost sticker).

I'm 08 / 07 = August 2007 with the weak springs.

Maybe we can find out when Toyota changed over to the "stronger" springs (if they did at all).

3. Feb 24, 2008 at 8:18 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I agree that I like the ride and stance of my truck with the three leaf springs now on it. I have a tonneau cover and a small tool box in back and have only had about 300# of load on it to date. I liked the way it rode then with no squat or bottoming out.

I just checked the #'s on top of the springs and there are more symbols than what the TSB is showing.

The right rear leaf had (++ CHI 48210-04550 F-RH 311007) on it and the left rear leaf had (++ CHI 48220-04190 F-LH 021107) on it. This truck is a 1-08 manufacture date on a Gulf States truck for TX. These are the same #'s of the replaced springs with the addition of the extra symbols. I'm hoping ++ & F for thicker and firmer springs. Anybody have any feedback for the extra symbols.

I haven't towed a trailer with gear in the back to see if it is a issue yet. As stated in a earlier thread the dealer ordered the TSB parts and then declined to do the work until it is a offical TSB for the '08's. Having paid for the TRD and towing packages I expect it to ride more like a truck than a car to perform for what it was purchased for. I feel that my '99 with the TRD package was a way softer ride when compared to this truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top