1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 Acc. cab rear storage bin mod...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Robocop, May 16, 2009.

1. May 16, 2009 at 3:42 AM
    Robocop

Robocop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Access Cab Gray Manual
    Please forgive my photo skills (as I suck) as some of these were taken with and without a flash. I simply hate the newly designed rear section on the 09 access cab and removed my storage bin for more room. I saw another forum thread where the owner removed his and bolted down a carpeted section however I decided to use velcro for easy removal.

I used a section of wood with the carpet glued to it and believe I have about 6 dollars in this mod. The only gripe I have is when you remove the storage bin you are left with 3 circular holes in the carpet for the bolts and also a 5 inch square section for the bracket. I cut 3 round plugs of gray carpet for the holes (dont match perfectly) and have not decided if I want to use a black or gray section for the larger square section.

I have an 08 model weathertech rear liner section coming soon that is black. I think it will cover the circular holes and if so I may leave the black carpet patch covering the cut out for the bracket. I am including pics of both black and gray just to give you an idea of the look. I purchased all of this at Lowes and the entire mod took about 30 minutes.....now to get those silly ass headrests removed as well as that crazy looking sub enclosure. I also made a spare cover with the gray color carpet however did not include pics as it does not really match very well. I like the contrast of the black cover with the mats and when I install the black liner I believe I will keep the black cover in place as it should blend all together nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. May 16, 2009 at 6:19 AM
    Crooked Beat

Crooked Beat Well-Known Member

Member:
    GTA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB SR
    Great work!!

3. May 16, 2009 at 7:02 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I was meaning to do this, I tried but got that stupid console out an d realized i needed to fabricate this type of thing..
    that console is annoying.
    good job!

4. May 16, 2009 at 9:25 AM
    ilg

ilg VanCity Taco.

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD O/R 4x4 6-Spd
    WeatherTechs, Yellow Fogs, Alpine X-100 iPod Stereo, Custom Seat Covers, Debadged, Locking Bed Compartments, Black Front Toyota Emblem, AVS Vent Visors, Colour Matched Grill, TRD Shift Knob, Eagle Alloy 187s in 16x8 wrapped in 265/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Black Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Black Rear Bumper, 8 in shorty antenna, 5100s @ 2.5.
    A little off topic, but how do you like the factory sub?

5. May 16, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    Robocop

Robocop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Access Cab Gray Manual
    I really do not like the look of the sub enclosure and as far as sound goes....well I guess it is better than nothing. On some songs it sounds decent while on others it sounds horrible. I am planning on removing my headrests and then removing this factory sub. If nothing else I am wanting to remove the outer part (the big ugly X part) and keep just the plain box section attatched.

My goal is to keep the wiring intact and maybe use the space to mount something like an Infinity Bass Link where the factory sub is now. If I had any balls at all I would love to try and put speakers in the rear doors like a few I have seen here.

Just trying to clean up the back a little and mainly wanted room for my dog. That storage bin was simply in the way of everything.

6. May 17, 2009 at 3:44 AM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    The sub is too muddy the way it comes from the favtory. I used the bass control to reduce the bass until it is clear but can still feel it through the seats. Rush sounds much better when I can actually hear what Geddy Lee is playing instead of just hearing a sea of mud.

7. May 17, 2009 at 4:03 AM
    edwinalink

edwinalink robo-ninja

Member:
    utah
    Vehicle:
    Soma Groove
    Its a bicycle.
    ummm whats the console normally look like?

Products Discussed in

To Top