1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 Clutch gone..... 4k miles

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by white91formula, May 17, 2009.

1. Jun 4, 2009 at 12:11 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Sounds like you need to find a new dealer to service your truck, regardless of the inconvenience.

Good luck with those shmucks.

2. Jun 4, 2009 at 1:33 PM
    dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313 Well-Known Member

Member:
    welcome to the new AMERICA.. where customer service and satisfaction mean nothing and profit and bottom line mean everything..i hope this all works out for you in the end..

3. Jun 4, 2009 at 1:47 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    You think these dealers would realize that good customer service is what brings customers back. Customers equal profits, therefore better bottom lines. Sounds like common sense to me.

4. Jun 4, 2009 at 2:00 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    The minute they quit paying for the rental car I would be walking up and down in front of their place with a sign saying
    I'm walking because my Brand New Toyota fell apart

5. Jun 4, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    tacoma08MZ

tacoma08MZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    tinted head/tail lights-blacked out badges-3 inch tuff country lift 33 inch nittos-black steelies custom spare bed mount-hilift-weathertechs-kenwood dnx5120 dvdnav headunit-remote start-painted grille surround-fog lights-grillcraft black mesh grille
    hahahahah thats a damn good idea, i bet any money it would work to. hope things work out for you and the truck.

6. Jun 4, 2009 at 2:13 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    It did work on Ford when I was having problems, I parked in front with a sign that said
    Have you pushed a new Ford lately?

They traded an extended warranty for my sign :D

7. Jun 8, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    PSUnick

PSUnick Lets Go State!

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2007 AC 4x4 Sport
    What dealership are you referring to? A little heads-up to us other MA taco owners... Let us know how things work out.

8. Jun 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    white91formula

white91formula [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR
    i got the truck back on sat.... sorry for no update, im in the process of moving and i dont have internet yet... stealing it off the neighbors when it allows me

i brought it to toyota of dartmouth. picked up the truck drove it off the lot and it instantly did the same thing it was doing. i dont think they replaced the clutch at all, altho i dont smell it burning anymore

turned right around and went right back to the service desk gave them the keys and told them it hadnt changed, service manager went for a ride with me and told me i was letting hte clutch out wrong and thats why it was burning up, i made him drive it and same thing happened. at that point i took the keys back from him and said have a nice day im going to a different dealership since you are obviously in capable of fixing the truck.

the best part is that now i have a awesome clunking noise when i back up after the work, and they didnt fix the rattle in the dash or the gas cap that gets stuck so tight i have to use both hands and all my force to get off.

every time i have brought the truck there it has come back with more problems.

im dropping it off at harr in worcester on the 20th the place i bought it from, hopefully they will take care of me.

9. Jun 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    REVHARD25

REVHARD25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    RUGGED TRAIL PACKAGE
    Tint on front windows. Dnx7120 kenwood. Rear tsb springs. Wet okoles seat covers UWS truck box Weathertech floor mats TSB floor mat hook grommets Satoshi grill AFE drop in filter Fumoto drain valve Bed mat
    take it back to the same place!! they have to fix it and i dont think another dealership would

10. Jun 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    bigyetti

bigyetti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    asheville, nc
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 short bed
    sirius satilite radio, more on the way when i get more money. oh ya removed the secondary filter
    keep trying persistance is fun and frustrating at the same time. good luck. but you never know unless you try

11. Jun 9, 2009 at 5:21 AM
    white91formula

white91formula [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR

i noticed on my way to work this morning that if i step on the glass and floor it that its got a nice shutter for a second or two also, which is awsome

honestly, im done dealing with the dealership that i have been going to, nothing but headaches and everytime i bring it in, it comes back with more problems. im all set with that and i dont feel comfortable with them working on it anymore.

12. Sep 18, 2011 at 8:25 PM
    kauairandall

kauairandall Senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    randall
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD toyota tacoma v6 4x4
    6" fabtech suspension lift 3" body lift 3"gap guards K&n intake MBRP exhaust billet grille stubby antenna maglight mod Debadged No mudflaps 30% tint Interior: Alpine CDA-105 deck Alpine MDA- sectrum analyzer Alpine amp 12" kicker sub Wet okole seat covers
    so what happened to your truck to get it fixed?

13. Sep 18, 2011 at 8:41 PM
    TnShooter

TnShooter The TacomaWorld Stray

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    I had a 2005 PreRunner that chatter from day one. It would only chatter when taking off.
    I put 46,000 miles on it and never had a problem. I had the 2.7 engine.
    I'd call the chatter normal if it goes a way after about 10mph or right after take off.

As for the clutch disk, you could have a bad slave cylinder. I replaced one on a Ford f150
    that would leak down and actually start engaging the clutch disk when the pedal was pressed down. Does your truck want to creep forward with the clutch pressed in and on level ground? You may have to wait 10 sec or so for it to leak down enough.

Products Discussed in

To Top