1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 DC Long Bed- Old Man Emu Suspension??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by Benny, May 8, 2010.

1. May 8, 2010 at 10:15 PM
    Benny

Benny [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB more mods by the month
    Hello all. New to the forum and also the Taco. I don't even have it yet. I have been scouring the earth for an 09 DC LB with less than 25K and a good price. Some out there but I haven't pulled the trigger yet, I have a dealer friend who has his buyers looking at auctions so it's just a matter of time.

Here's my deal, I want to do suspension right from the get go. I want to lift primarily for touring style road trips that involve a lot of off road driving. Sometimes towing a 3000 lb trailer, sometimes more. So I'm thinking I want about 2.5" straight suspension lift. My friends have always been pleased with OME and I think that's who I'll use. So, I want to level the ride for sure, but I don't want to do this if while towing it's going to look ridiculous or have the front end ride up. I want to be able to run bigger tires in the fall/winter, but probably run them a little taller than stock the rest of the year.

I am going to put an ARB on the front and mod it to accept a hitch receiver so I can keep my winch in the bed and use it on either end, so I have more weight in the front to consider but I guess it's not too much.

I want the truck to still ride well on pavement but be able to handle washboards and dirt roads well, get more clearance and more travel. What suspension components should I get?

Thanks for the help/advice.

2. May 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Almost there

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    AFE pro dry s, Husky X-act Contour
    OME either 885 or since its a dcab and ur gonna use a ARB bumper go with the 886. Get the OME lift kit. comes with front springs, front and rear shocks, aal or leaf pack cant remember! with that you be set after some new ucas possibly, install and alingmenet! :thumbsup:

3. May 8, 2010 at 10:47 PM
    Benny

Benny [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB more mods by the month
    I am having a hard time figuring out if I need UCAs or not. What should I do in the back considering that I will be towing a fair amount? Add a leaf, or something more expensive?

4. May 8, 2010 at 10:51 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    I did the OME kit with spacers and 885 coils. I didn't NEED uca's...but most on here will still recommend them.

5. May 8, 2010 at 10:56 PM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    Weathertech mats; Wet Okole seat covers; Kobalt Lowpro truck box,(sitting in the shed) Snugtop Hi-liner camper shell; AFE Pro Dry air filter, Tailgate Hoseclamp mod; 5100s all around, Light Racing UCAs, OME 885 coils, OME Dakar Leafs, CB Drop, Driveline spacer. Epoxy Satoshi; Redline Hood Struts. 4x Mil Spec. bed D rings; Brute Force Fab custom DCLB Hybrid Sliders, ARB w/ Warn M8000 wench, Diff Breather mod, Alpine Deck w/ ipod cable. Iphone ziptie to rearview mirror 4wd-cam mod!
    as mentioned above but with OME Dakar leaf springs Fo Sho!!!! (and LR UCAs ) all avail. from toytec. do a couple searches in the suspension pages and you ' ll have plenty of reading to digest... =]
    DCLB FTW!!!!:cookiemonster:.
    Oh and welcome to TW...!
    ...remember the first step is admitting you have a problem (TW!!!!)

6. May 8, 2010 at 11:10 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Almost there

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    az
    Vehicle:
    Ya I think for towing the 3 leaf pack from dakar would be great! Toyteclifts.com hass all the info on the above mentioned lifts and uca's. If you run stock wheels with the lift you might need to get the uca's to prevent rubbing or run properly backspaced wheels...better to just go with the ucas so you know for sure you won't have alignment troubles

7. May 9, 2010 at 12:25 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I'm going to go OME on my 09 DCLB Sport , 885's and Dakars ,

OZ

8. May 9, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Almost there

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    az
    Vehicle:
    Are you wanting to run a bumper like him as well or no?

9. May 9, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I'm undecided , but realize I should consider 886's if I run an aftermarket bumper ,

To Top