1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 doesn't coast when foot off gas

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pierrefonds, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Feb 22, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    My 07 does the engine braking too. What I do is instead of letting my foot off the gas completely as I normally would with another vehicle is when you are several hundred feet away and you want to coast, I will just barely keep my foot on the accelerator and it kind of coasts. The revs aren't as high as if i kept my foot on the accelerator but also prevents the engine braking from starting at that point. Once i'm closer to the intersection i'll completely let off the gas and the engine braking slows my truck considerably so as to not use the brake much. Once you completely let off the gas the engine will begin to slow your truck considerably so in order to "coast" farther i'll just barely have my foot on the accelerator.

2. Feb 22, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    yea my truck did not use engine breaking unless I was goign down the steep hill and tapped the brakes. Which usually ment that as soon as I touched the brakes for any reason engine breaking was kicking in. On flat road it was not startign engine breaking. Now it does not do it at all. :confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top