1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09+ JBL Bluetooth in 2005 JBL Tacoma: Help Needed.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by fbconvert, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Aug 17, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I don't know if you still need this answer but here goes anyway.

As far as I can remember it does. Don't even recall looking at the display when I give commands but I do know that it does display the incoming phone # when a call comes in. But the display is very limited as far as the commands go so I'm not sure how much help that it would be.

2. Aug 17, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    fbconvert

fbconvert [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Seacoast, NH
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    Thanks I do appreciate it. I was wondering that back when I couldn't figure out why the head unit wasn't responding to the steering wheel controls I made. Turned out that I just needed to run the speed sensor wire. Now when I hit the voice button a lady starts talking to me and the text on the head unit says listening. I still need to go through the owners manual where is talks about how to operate the bluetooth but I did figure out how to add numbers to my speed dial and phone book. I would like to know if it supports voice dial from my contacts in my iphone since my iphone supports it. If you got any info on this that would be great. It would be nice if I could figure this out because I think the factory bluetooth only holds like ten number where my contacts on my phone is in the hundreds.

3. Aug 17, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I don't have a smartphone of any type so I cant say about the phone book. Sorry. But I thought it only did voice dial for what's programed in the stereo? I forgot about the speed dial as I never figured that out. Maybe I should look into that since it does have a had time getting me to the right number sometimes.

4. Aug 17, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    billyjoe

billyjoe Taco Fever - I've got it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB V6 4WD LTD
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
    1. No
    2. 20

Attached Files:

5. Dec 1, 2011 at 1:37 AM
    05Taco4x4

05Taco4x4 ToyotaHubs

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2TR-FE Enthusiast
    FJ Tcase, Manual Hubs, 2017 Head unit, Mirror Riser
    x2
    wow, and i thought my projects are tough

6. Dec 1, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    billyjoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB V6 4WD LTD
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
    Thanks, but it hasn't been that difficult really. Just required a little ingenuity to make it Plug-n-Play. Had to put this project on the back-burner over summer/fall but am now actively pursuing it again. Pinouts, part #s & wiring diagrams are complete. Have most of the parts now too - just waiting on a couple of backordered connector housings. Managed to procure a 2011 JBL HU, Amp & Sub for next to nothing. So far, most expensive items have been the BT-SWC & BT-Mic. Still trying to get the straight scoop on OEM cable(s) to connect XM antenna to back of radio. Also looking for suitable enclosure for sub-woofer in a Access Cab. Planning on setting up bench test first, then the install. I'll keep ya'll posted...:)

7. Dec 1, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    othater

othater Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal-Walnut
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport
  8. Jan 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    billyjoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB V6 4WD LTD
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
  9. Mar 7, 2019 at 3:40 AM
    the macf

the macf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Daily Driver - 09 RCLB Barcelona Red base, Sold - 08 BSP X-Runner TRD SC 332rwhp
    Were you ever able to figure out the wiring harness part number that goes from the back of the clock spring to the head unit?

Products Discussed in

To Top