1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 sub enclosure modification??

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Robocop, May 13, 2009.

1. May 13, 2009 at 4:37 AM
    Robocop

Robocop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Access Cab Gray Manual
    I have pulled and pried and literally beat this stupid sub box to death trying to figure out how to get the thing taken off. I had the idea of removing the weird looking X fixture on the front and simply keeping the box part. It would still look a little out of place however without that funky X fixture I may be able to tolerate it.

I have searched all over the forums and can not find any threads dealing with the removal of this factory box. I swear I can remember a thread where a Taco owner removed his and painted the chrome looking X on the front black yet again a search reveals nothing for me.

Can anyone give me an idea if the box can be used without the X fixture at all and if so how in the world can one remove it? I vaguely remember the past thread stating something about 4 screws at the bottom panel however after pulling on my panel I can not get it to budge.....really do not wish to break it either. Thanks for any help as again this crazy sub enclosure is simply making me sick to look at.....that funky blue light in the middle makes me want to touch myself every time I see that warm glow behind me :D

2. May 13, 2009 at 5:35 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    here is the painting thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/20251-painted-my-stock-sub-enclosure-today.html

3. May 13, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    Robocop

Robocop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Access Cab Gray Manual
    sooner you are my hero man.....I looked all week and could not find this thread.

Thank you very much sir.

4. May 13, 2009 at 8:45 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I am a master searcher. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top