1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 taco remote starter problems

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by swimmd99, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Oct 31, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    swimmd99

swimmd99 [OP] Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 speedway blue
    So I'm new to the boards here (new taco owner as well).....I just bought an '09 speedway blue SR5 which has been amazing so far. Anyways, I wanted to get a remote starter installed but a bunch of places I have called said they won't have the information from toyota on how to install them until the spring?!?!

I'm also new to where I am living now so I don't know any good mechanics.

Basically, is this something i'm going to have to suck up for the winter or is best buy,etc just messed up?

2. Oct 31, 2008 at 6:01 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Swim, what part of the country are you in?

3. Oct 31, 2008 at 7:29 PM
    swimmd99

swimmd99 [OP] Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 speedway blue
    new york - upstate

4. Oct 31, 2008 at 7:44 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Damn. Trying to find some fellow Taco owners in Minnesota.

I have thought about the remote start thing too... Not as big of a deal for me since my parking garage at home is underground, but I'm out in the open at work..........

5. Nov 1, 2008 at 6:57 AM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    I have been considering it myself as I live in Texas but working all over in alot of cold places. Yet another delay in this mod but I could do without it for now and save the $$ If there is a solution do post it up!

Products Discussed in

To Top