1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 tacoma access 4cyl brake controller hook-up

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by bryanc, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Apr 23, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    bryanc

bryanc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    ottawa ontario canada
    Vehicle:
    09 access 4cyl 2wd
    home made diamond tonneau with flip up and canoe racks
    Does the 09 Tacoma access 4 cyl "without tow package" have the service connector for towing brake controller as the owners manual says it does on page 210 of the 09 book? Only those who have went thru the same shit should answer this question. Thanks to you Tacoma World members I do now know how to wire in the controller in other ways. I really would like to know if the connector is really under that dash or not. Sincere thanks Bryanc. Yes Toyota has been contacted for the answer also.:confused:

2. Apr 26, 2009 at 3:59 PM
    bryanc

bryanc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    ottawa ontario canada
    Vehicle:
    09 access 4cyl 2wd
    home made diamond tonneau with flip up and canoe racks
    My own request for answers on 4 cyl wiring for brake controller. The job is done and there is no service connector for the brake controller provided by Toyota for the the 4 cyl. as far as I'm concerned. I wired the P3 controller from the battery and the lites from the OEM harness. The brake light switch 4 pin connector cold side wire is the blue one of the four wires and that finishes my job of hitch, lites wiring, and brake controller and accessories circuit done. All works and I'm happy. Thanks Maverick for your Towing Bible work and I will continue to reference that important resousce for future info. Thanks to Crooked Beat for your help. Thanks to CustomTacos.com forum for providing a valuable wiring diagram for the brake light circuit. And the Academy award goes to TacomaWorld.:D:);)

3. Apr 26, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
  4. Aug 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    bluecoral

bluecoral New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    ocala fl
    Vehicle:
    4 cylinder basic truck
    Could I please please have that wiring diagram too? I am in the same boat. No plug to hook up the brake control.

Products Discussed in

To Top