1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 Tacoma Double Cab Stereo interference

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dchiches, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Dec 2, 2008 at 7:45 PM
    mudduck

mudduck Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    black painted wheels, tinted windows, sockmonkey decals
    so i went to the dealership today. after waiting for two hours, they decided they couldnt hear anything out of the ordinary. thankfully i went into the place somewhat informed because of this forum. after i told them about everyone elses experience they decided to call JBL. unfortunately, JBL was already closed. so i am now waiting for a call from the dealership. i guess they are going to call again tommarow. keep your fingers crossed for me. the vibe i got from them was that the call was just a formality to determine what to do with the old amp. we'll see about that. i'll keep you guys posted.

2. Dec 2, 2008 at 9:49 PM
    Bean&Cheese

Bean&Cheese Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio Texas
    Stay on them.....

3. Dec 10, 2008 at 10:37 AM
    TommyTaco09

TommyTaco09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD DC Pyrite Mica
    Tint: 20%F 35%R
    Getting the new amp installed today! I'll post up how it sounds

4. Dec 10, 2008 at 10:47 AM
    mudduck

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    so the dealership said that they are ordering a new amp from JBL for me. it should be here by friday. he said it falls under JBL's exchange program if that makes sense to anybody. i'll keep you guys posted.

5. Dec 11, 2008 at 10:16 PM
    J-Bird

J-Bird Well-Known Member

Member:
    SB, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD off-road 4x2 DC
    soon
    Thank god! I thought It was just me and my poor taco. The sub was driving me crazy. However it only seems to happen when I use my ipod...probably because all the song are bass heavy. Do you think my dealership will help me? They might still be mad because i walked out only paying 22k for my truck. Anyways most of you guys got the problem fixed?

6. Dec 12, 2008 at 6:18 PM
    mudduck

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    hey jake, a temp fix for you might be to turn the volume down a bit on your ipod. that helped a little bit for me. when i went to the dealership i told them about the problem and told them to call jbl and ask them about it. they called and i guess there is an exchange program in place. my new amp should be here by the first of the week. my dealership didnt ask any questions. they said they listened to the radio but didnt hear anything. no big suprise there. but anyway, long story short....i told them what i wanted and they did it. i was impressed.

by the way....big rep for you for recognizing the haka!!!

7. Dec 12, 2008 at 8:08 PM
    J-Bird

J-Bird Well-Known Member

Member:
    SB, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD off-road 4x2 DC
    soon
    Thanks for the tip mudduck. I went to the dealer tonight and the guy said he wanted to get some more info before he talkef to his supervisors...this could take me awhile :(. Its nice to hear that most of you guys have had this problem taken care of.

Ha thanks for the rep mudduck, the haka kicks ass and the blacks do it the best!

8. Dec 16, 2008 at 3:47 PM
    mudduck

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    so.....i got the new amp installed today. it sounds good and it took care of the problem. according to the service manager there is an open circuit inside of the old amp that causes the noise problem. good luck to those of you who are having still having issues.

9. Dec 20, 2008 at 11:05 AM
    thomasr1950

thomasr1950 19 Tacoma TRD Off Road

Member:
    central us
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I am thinking about getting the JBL. I'm having problems finding a Tacoma w/the JBL already installed. Is this something that is dealer installed or can you order the truck from a dealer with the system insalled from the factory. I have not talked to a dealer, due to the fact they all want to sell what is in stock.

10. Dec 21, 2008 at 9:18 AM
    mudduck

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    when i went to the dealership to buy my tacoma, i went in and told the dealer exactly what i wanted. the guy said, "let me see if i have that in stock, and if not we'll order it for ya." they did happen to have it in stock, but i'm guessing it wouldnt be a big deal for them to find exactly what you want.

11. Dec 23, 2008 at 10:48 PM
    farmerjon270

farmerjon270 New Member

Member:
    Monticello,Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab 4x4
    I am new to this forum and just picked up my 09 TRD sport double cab with the JBL in it. Do all of these systems have this problem. I noticed some noise in mine but i just thought it was me. I was just wondering if my dealer will order me a new amp.

12. Dec 24, 2008 at 1:03 AM
    maui_con3

maui_con3 Member

Member:
    I had the same problems with my 09 JBL system, went to the dealer 3 times to have them check out the problem, left the truck there the whole day and they didn't know what they were doing or how to solve the problem at all, even though I told them it was the amplifier. Found out it was better to check on it myself and contact Harmon (JBL). They sent a new amp to my dealership and it solved the problem.

13. Jan 3, 2009 at 7:41 AM
    Viking88

Viking88 Devil's Advocate

Member:
    Budd Lake NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport DC 4X4
    Guys, my dealer is giving me a hard time ordering this new amp to fix the noise distortion issue that we've all had. He says they spoke to their regional service guy and he says wait till there is an official TSB. Since I know many of you have had an updated amp installed by their dealer, this of course frustrates me.

My next step is to get on the phone with Toyota National Customer Care and voice my concerns.

Favors needed; I would like to list as many dealers as possible that have ordered the new amp for you guys for when I call Toyota Customer Care. The names of the service guy that took care of it for you would help too. This way when I call, I can have all the ammo I need to demonstrate that this issue is successfully being solved right now, with the names of the dealers that were willing to get it done for you. Can you help?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Jan 3, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    maui_con3

maui_con3 Member

Member:
    Well, when I got my updated amp it was because I contacted Harmon, the mother company of JBL and they said they would be contacting my local dealership and informing them they would be sending a new amp for them to install. When I dealt with my local dealership prior to Harmon they didn't know what to do or order so it was a waste of time. I think it's best if you contact Harmon by e-mail or phone instead of your dealership.

15. Jan 3, 2009 at 8:38 AM
    thomasr1950

Member:
    central us
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Living in the Central U.S. i cannot find any Tacomas in stock w/JBL. I have had several dealers try to locate one. None to be found.

16. Jan 3, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    HAVE YOU READ THIS THREAD???!!!! Why in the hell would you want one. Just go aftermarket for better components at a cheaper price.

I wanted one as well during my search but I ended up making a really good deal on one without it. This thread makes me glad I did. I would be pissed if I paid all that money and got nothing but lip from the service people.

17. Jan 3, 2009 at 9:21 AM
    thomasr1950

Member:
    central us
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I hear you. I like what the JBl system offers, like you though i maybe better off doing aftermarket. Maybe with the issues they are having they have stopped putting the JBL in them. How does the sound compare with the $200.00 system?

18. Jan 3, 2009 at 9:30 AM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    I get a buzzing noise from bass & am talk radio in the back driver side. The dealer can't reproduce the sound. So I just gave up. I have the stock JBL cd stereo.

19. Jan 3, 2009 at 9:38 AM
    Viking88

Member:
    Budd Lake NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport DC 4X4
    Maui - do you happen to remember the # you called or who you spoke to?

20. Jan 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    Viking88

Member:
    Budd Lake NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport DC 4X4

The option is worth it for the Bluetooth alone - and when the audio is working right it really is the best stock system I've ever heard. Just need that updated amp.

Products Discussed in

To Top