1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 Tacoma Off Road Quote

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by touchdowntn, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Aug 13, 2008 at 8:46 AM
    poleman72

poleman72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner
    Since you're a resident of NJ, you'll have to pay the state of NJ the sales tax even if you buy in DE.
    Tax in VA is 3%. There's two large dealers here in VA that offer lifetime powertrain coverage at no cost - the catch is that you have to service the vehicle at their service department to keep the coverage...which makes it only worthly for locals.
    I found a large dealer in Columbia, SC that offers lifetime powertrain coverage on the vehicle you buy from them, and you don't have to service the vehicle at that dealer to keep coverage. The only catch is that you service the vehicle following Toyota's recommended service schedule but you can do it anywhere you want! You can even service it yourself and still keep coverage! But I guess it doesn't matter, for who keeps a Taco for 10+ years right?
    But since I'm contemplating on putting a 4.5k supercharger on my Taco, I might want to buy from that dealer because I'll want to keep that Taco for a while. However that dealer is 300 miles from where I'm at...so I'll have to drive all the way down there just to buy the car, and drive back in the new Taco. Or I can pay to have them deliver it to me in VA.
    SC residents sales tax is a $300 max on any vehicle above $6k! In other words if I'm a resident of SC and I buy a $80,000 car, I only pay $300 in sales tax. But if DE have no tax - that's the coolest for their residents!

2. Aug 13, 2008 at 8:46 AM
    johnnylightning

johnnylightning Member

Member:
    franklin nj
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport barcelona red
    front skid plate, hood deflector, tubesteps
    i offered 26k and they came down to 27k. i said i'll meet you half way at 26500, but they only would go another 250 off and no more or give me any type of free/ discounted accessories. also it was at the end of the month too and late in the day, but they wouldnt budge. i tried, but i wanted a 6 spd trans and every place i looked was either auto or a color i didnt like. i figured my time and gas driving around was gonna be worth that so i gave in since it was what i was looking for. i'm happy. i guess you can always do better. try freehold toyota. my buddy got his best deal on his 4x2 there. located on rt 9 in freehold nj. got mine at crestmont in pompton plains.

3. Aug 13, 2008 at 11:17 AM
    linkfeeney

linkfeeney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Off-Road! Magnetic Grey!
    OR has no tax dude,
    I wish I live in DE, or a relative in DE that can hook me up...
    I can't stand being tax like a England taxing the 13th colonies.

lifetime warranty is cool... pain in the ass to bring it back there all the time thou!!
    Sometimes I wish i live in other states that will pay me as good as here thou :D

4. Aug 13, 2008 at 11:38 AM
    linkfeeney

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    yeah i went to school in willy p so i know pompton plains.. good old route 23!
    I live in south nj now, are u financing it?
    dealers are bunch of dicks, they want to make as much as they can. they want to make on the financing too... did u get a good apr on the 09?
    I know they dont have incentives going on, but I guess we can bitch at them!
    I went there DCH toyota in freehold and test drove a FJ
    tons and tons of sales person. busy place thou, just like any other dealers anyway

5. Aug 13, 2008 at 12:32 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    I'm picking up my 2009 Magnetic Gray Double Cab tomorrow. It has the TRD Off-road with JBL satellite package, 50 State Emissions, Towing Package and preferred accessory package. The salesman screwed up and told me that he still had a similarly equipped '08 in stock, but when I arrived at the dealership, it turned out that he had read the model codes wrong and the '08 was an access cab. He whipped out the dealer invoice for the '09, handed it over to me, and told me he could do it for that price. It was $27,370 before handling fees, taxes, etc. I thought it was a great deal, especially considering that they're not having any trouble selling Tacomas around here... Tundras are a different story.

6. Aug 13, 2008 at 12:40 PM
    JFScheck

JFScheck Really Nice Guy...

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Off-Road Package
    TRD Cold Air intake with TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, Westin Bull Bar & Side Steps, SnugTop Super Sport with Carpet Kit

You will need to pay the taxes when you register it in your state - and depending on the state - more than 30 days residence and they will fine you...

The states want their money!

7. Aug 13, 2008 at 12:57 PM
    linkfeeney

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    man, that's it!! That's the color i want with the same package...*drooling*!!!!
    But screw the jbl thing, i can get a balpunkt that's way better!!!!
    So how much was ur otd? And ur apr??
    Bank of amercia wants like 5.9%.

Tundra, i think they are taking $10g off the truck, well that's that chevy and ford is doing... And the new 09 f-150 is hot s*it

8. Aug 13, 2008 at 1:02 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    Out the door with handling and taxes is $29k. TFS has 2.9% financing right now, but I'm only financing a little bit, at least until I sell my 4runner :D

After my last experience with an aftermarket stereo install, I'm happy getting the JBL stereo stock... It'll do the job just fine, and I don't think the price difference between the standard TRD package and the one with JBL was all that much anyways.

9. Aug 13, 2008 at 6:52 PM
    johnnylightning

johnnylightning Member

Member:
    franklin nj
    Vehicle:
    i did finance. wound up with 5.44%. put 9 k down and have a 399/mo payment for 60mos. i had been looking for a while and really needed another vehicle. after several dealers, yeah they all suck and all bs you. my feeling is 3k off sticker is about max on the 09 taco give or take a few hundred. but they will try to make up the difference once you are in the finance office with things like gap insurance, anti theft and warranty programs. these "services" are taxable also so there is more cash out of pocket. i just kept saying no. they can play with the numbers on thier computer. a $3 a month difference x 60 mos is another $180. ok its over 5 years but you get the point. bring a pen, paper and a calculator to check thier math. they told me at first, " we made your loan 63 mos to include gap insurance". 3 extra mos x 399 is another $1197 + tax @ 7%. there is 33% of that supercharger i want. be careful and keep telling them no thanks.

10. Aug 13, 2008 at 6:59 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Yes you will still have to pay your sales tax. But what I was thinking, the overhead at a dealer in DE may be lower. Hence you might be able to get a better deal than in Jersey.

11. Aug 13, 2008 at 7:10 PM
    linkfeeney

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    i thought the gap insurance goes thru ur own insurance?
    so what happened when u u said no? they took it off I guess
    the equation doing the loan isn't easy. i wish I can bring my computer so i can do the math... or I can bring a loan check from bank of america so they are good on that

12. Aug 13, 2008 at 7:42 PM
    johnnylightning

johnnylightning Member

Member:
    franklin nj
    Vehicle:
    yeah they just put it back to 60 mos and dropped it. they called it gap insurance i thought. said insurance companys or banks are not giving full value on trucks if they are totalled out. supposed to guarantee the most money if truck is wrecked. i wasn't interested so i really didn't pay attention to the details. after i said no, they moved on to the anti theft policy, which was $550 over 5 years. i said no thanks. love my truck, just hate all the bs taxes and fees to get a new one. they charge a $1.50/ tire fee and a $7.00 on line application fee plus $189 doc fee and $360 or so for a four year registration fee plus 7% tax. so the 3 k off comes right back quick, at least in nj.

13. Aug 13, 2008 at 7:56 PM
    linkfeeney

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:

registration is ridiculus... if u sell the truck before hand then u lose that!!
    that charge $7 for a online application fees???? u should've told them u should do it yourself! The Doc fees!!! that's a ripped off too... every dealer is different on that shit.... they nickel and dime you on everything thing... if that comes up, I will get so pissed!! i would just leave!! I can't tolerate BS and lies!!

14. Aug 13, 2008 at 8:21 PM
    johnnylightning

johnnylightning Member

Member:
    franklin nj
    Vehicle:
    you will get hit with all that bs. and i was thinking on leaving too, but i figured all dealers are the same and will have the same fees, and as long as i'm buying/ registering in nj, the reg and taxes are staying the same. the wife approved and she was tired of looking also so i pulled the trigger. remember happy wife happy life. lol

15. Aug 14, 2008 at 7:01 AM
    linkfeeney

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    man ur right, I'm getting marry in nov, I guess I have to make her happy or Im screwed :D

Products Discussed in

To Top