1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09AFTacoma's New Build....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by AFButters, May 8, 2009.

1. Oct 29, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    AFButters

AFButters [OP] Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    Thanks Ladies!!

EDIT:

& Clemson

2. Oct 29, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Wow John, can't believe I missed this update... I'm at a loss for words. :pray:

I will pray for you, the family, and the little one... :pray: God has a plan for everybody, just remember that.

3. Oct 29, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    kris77

kris77 Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    My best friend works with children with Autism and Down Syndrome. Some of the results are amazing. Seeing the kids come in on the first day and then seeing them 6 months, 1 year, 2, 5 years later. You can see a HUGE difference. I know its bad news, but its not the worst news you could have. With some work, and some help from ppl who have been there, you could get to a point where you cant even tell there is anything wrong.

Read some books, visit some clinics. Its amazing what can be done with patience...lots and lots of patience.

My prayers are with you.

4. Oct 29, 2009 at 2:52 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    We have already started doing tons of research and trying to get everything prepaired for when he gets home. The wife has been a school teacher for 9 years and has worked with lots of kids with special needs, so with her helping at home and making sure he will get the attention he needs in school we hope to help him achieve everything he can. Its all a game of time, and only in time will we know if he will be a normal kid like everyone else or if he will know if he needs a little extra help. No matter what he is my little man and I love him more than anything in the world. I cant wait till he is old enough I can start teachin him how to play Golf, baseball and all kinds of other sports.

5. Oct 29, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I read thru this post this morning and it has been on my mind all day. I honestly don't know what to write, but I feel I should let you know I'm thinking af you and your family and hoping for the best possible outcome. Take care of yourself and your wife, it'd easy to overlook your own needs in these kinds of times. Best of luck.

6. Oct 30, 2009 at 4:47 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    That is the best attitude :D..Treat him just like another other kid and give him all the love in the world. He is a beautiful little guy!! Seems like he came into a great family.

7. Oct 30, 2009 at 5:34 AM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    John, give him all the love you can give and then some. They all are gifts from above no matter what conditions they have. You and mom have the right attitude and as long as the two of you continue forward with that it will turn out for the best. I wish you well. :)

8. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    Oh yea I forgot the little guy got his cirumsicion (sp) yesterday.. and he took it like a man.. they said he only cried for about 15 min off and on afterwards..

he is already putting it to good use.. he is a like a mini Pee Pee Sniper with that thing.. he started going on his new diaper as i was putting it on him and as i reached to save his blankets he turned towards me an caught me center mass soaking my ABU top

9. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    he is doing great.. 3 bottles a day and putting on weight.. i hope they up him to 4 bottles a day this weekend

10. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:32 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    :thumbsup: Seems like little John is doing better!

11. Oct 30, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Jeez, John. I just found this thread. I had no idea you guys were going through this. We will be praying and thinking of you all.

12. Oct 30, 2009 at 6:58 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    Thanks John!

13. Oct 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    glad the little guy is doing well. good luck with him and hope everything works out for the best. as everyone has said.. lots and lots of patience and love goes a long way!

take care!

14. Oct 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM
    testedone

testedone Speak English..it's America

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Weathertec Mats, Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, Pioneer GEX-P920XM (SAT), Pioneer Premier TS-D602P 6.2, Blaupunkt THb 200A Sub, Trimmed Mud Flaps, BF Goodrich AT/KO 285/70/17 ... Toytec Ultimate Lift, Tuffy Bed Box, A.R.E. Cover, Pop-n-Lock, TRD Exhaust
    Children are a blessing no matter what..God has great things for all of you and we will pray that you are sustained and strengthened my Him who is able...

My daughter was born at 27 weeks...they said she would never make and would be plagued by problems... She 14 years old now and runs with her dear old dad :)

15. Nov 2, 2009 at 10:39 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    We got good and potentially amazing news today!!

Good news is the Doctors are optomistic JR will be home by this weekend.

Potentially (sp) Amazing news.. a little bit of back story first...

Every doctor that has come into to do the various test on our little guy comes in does the test and either looks at the chart or is told by my wife or a nurse that he needed the test because he has Trisomy 21 "Down Syndrome" and every doctor that has come in has said either.. "Really?" or "Oh, I didn't notice anything that would give it away."

So today the foriegn doctor ( I only point this out because his accent is hard as hell to understand.. lol ) that broke the original news to us that his result came back postive for trisomy 21 ... was doing his normal heart, lung, yadda yadda checks that he does.. and he was talking to us and was like.. " your son is a very interesting case, while the test have come back postive and he shows very few phyisical traits and those that are their are not very obvious. Most infants with Downs' you can see them from across the room and just know that child has T21, well your for your son you have to look very close, he just doenst show the obvious signs."..

well my wife and I are both like.. so what does this all mean.. and he told us he believes he is a Mosiac Trisomy 21..

Which means... That the Trisomy 21 doesnt effect all his genes.. means that his Downs is typically very mild. What happens in a mosiac is the the T21 only effect some of the chromosones and those are the only ones that will be effected.. for example if the chromosones that are for his brain and organ development are not effected he will be baiscly normal mentally and intellectually.. which would be amazing. but also on the same note those could be the only ones effected... although he said because it seems that since he responds so well to us and his is progressing so well at eating which is challenge for premies.. that he is very optomistic.

So now when he gets discharged from the hospital we will be referred to UNC Medical Center for outpatient Physical and Mental Theropy and further Genetics testing.. Where they should do the "FISH" test.. and let us know if 1. It is Mosiac T21.. and 2. If it is what Chromosones where effected and which ones where not... ( Only 1% of Trisomy 21 cases are Mosiac.. allthought because of this new testing they believe that percentage will go up a little)

We are keeping our fingers crossed and sending up our prayers.. hoping for good news.

Sorry for the long read.. but i figured if i left it short and sweet i would get tons of questions

16. Nov 2, 2009 at 11:25 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    deff man congrats brother...

17. Nov 3, 2009 at 12:06 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
  18. Nov 3, 2009 at 6:45 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Great news!!! :yay:

19. Nov 29, 2009 at 2:05 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
  20. Nov 30, 2009 at 10:21 AM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    Just got home from the eye Dr. and everything is crystal clear!!

Products Discussed in

To Top