1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1/2" strut spacers installation question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MetrickMetal, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Mar 31, 2017 at 10:52 AM
    MetrickMetal

MetrickMetal [OP] Praise the Lowered

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Yerington NV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White SR5 Access Cab / 4WD, AT / TP
    See my sig for mods
    I want to install ½” strut spacers on my 2017 SR5, and I can remember on the forum people saying that the struts can come from the factory with two different length strut studs.

So I’m not sure if my struts have the long studs or the shorter ones, as the M10 flange nuts on my struts are .641 in length, but the they are relieved on the bottom so they actually only have about .43 thread length and a standard M10 flange nut is .390 in width.

I accurately measured the amount of exposed threads on the studs which is .760 in length. So after doing all of the calc’s, I come up with about .100 short on the threads compared to stock.

So my question is do I have the long strut studs or the short ones, and does giving up that little amount on the threads cause any issues with the nuts and the studs, as I would prefer to not have to install longer studs at this point if I don’t have to, but if I have to I will.

So if anyone has installed 1/2" strut spacers with the stock strut studs, could you take a picture of the strut nuts so I can what it looks like.

Thanks.

2. Mar 31, 2017 at 10:57 AM
    gottaToy

gottaToy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    movin' on up to the east side
    Vehicle:
    1985 Moped
    Rancho RS66903R7 @2.5", 2x4 block in rear. strait pipe, 37" super swampers

Products Discussed in