1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1/2" wheel spacer? Any where I can find one?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by wing103, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Sep 2, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    wing103

wing103 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    Hi
    Can any one help me out here, I am looking for 1/2" wheel spacer for a 2009 tacoma. 6lugs.
    Any idea???:confused:

2. Sep 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    1/2" is pretty thin. You're not going to find proper wheel spacers until you bump up to around 1.25" or 1.5" because there's not enough room to sink the lug nuts.

By "proper" spacers I mean the type that get bolted to your stock wheel lugs and have their own lugs installed that your wheels then attach to.

The other type is just a thin metal ring with holes that a) allows slop when mounting your wheel causing balancing issues, and b) reduces the amount of threads the lug nuts can grip, increasing the chance that a lug nut could back off or strip threads causing you to lose a wheel.

3. Sep 2, 2011 at 2:35 PM
    wing103

wing103 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    The reason I ask is after I install a set of after market wheels and tires, the passanger side stick out like 1/2" more than driver side.
    Than I think about may be i can add a 1/2" spacer to make it even.
    Like you said, If I add two 1.25 on driver side, and add 1.75 on one side, will this work?

4. Sep 6, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Sorry for the delayed response. I try not to be online on the weekends. :cool:

If you see a discrepancy in the amount the tires stick out, you'd be better off locating the cause rather than trying to compensate with spacers. There really shouldn't be a difference drastic enough to be noticeable.

Got any pics of your setup showing the difference between the two sides? Also include shots of your alignment cams. It's possible that your last alignment pulled the wheel in on one side and shoved it outward on the other.

Products Discussed in

To Top