1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1/8mile drag TIPs

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by BenJammn5, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Jan 7, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    Taking the truck to 1/8mile drag.

Any tips on getting the best time out of my 6spd?

Any recommendations on tire pressures? And no I don't have access to a smaller set of tires.

I'm thinking of removing my heavy all pro skid plate. Leaving the tailgate for traction. Should I double clutch rev match or just plain ol' clutch bang to gear and smash throttle?

Take off with traction control? Traction 'off' with ASL slip diff on? Or everything off. Forget about the locker. I notice that the ASL almost seems to brake and send power to the next wheel when I lose traction on one side, and the braking process seems to lose some speed. I was thinking rev motor to 2000 rpm and dump clutch. Anything else?

Thanks gents!

2. Jan 7, 2011 at 6:12 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    You have to find that sweet spot. If you dump the clutch your wheels will break loose and your times will suffer. I've heard of a few taking off in 4 HI
    but since you have a prerunner I would say best bet is to launch right around 3000 rpm, feather it out and once you get enough traction WOT all the way down the track, that is of coarse if your shifts are clean enough and you dont grind.

Trial and era.

Enjoy:cool:

3. Jan 8, 2011 at 12:38 AM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    ^good tips christian.
    I ended up using the ASLD as the track was very slippery. I didn't feel comfortable using the locker is it's known to blow on pavement, especially when pushed really hard. I save my locker for dirt only. Attempted a run with 1wheel drive and it sucked, but found the LSD worked pretty good. Did a few burn outs just for kicks and dumped the clutch at 1500 RMP as the track was pretty slippery. Ran the truck about twenty times with a best of 10.42 at 73 with a reaction time of .532, luckily some one at the track told me how to launch on the light before the green. Had a blast!

4. Jan 8, 2011 at 12:48 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Wait you have a Locker and a LSD? Is that possible?

I've used my locker on pavement before if you are going straight it should be fine. just dont turn.

5. Jan 8, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    Yes friend, it's not a mechanical locker, but an electronic one. Press the traction button and all the traction nannies will be off until 30 mph with LSD, after 30 it still works as an LSD but the traction management comes back on. Press the button for 3 seconds while sitting still and everything turns off leaving only 1 wheel drive. Separate button for locker. This feature started production in 09.

Products Discussed in

To Top