1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1 Ton Tacoma SAS

Discussion in 'Solid Axle Suspension' started by erisman33, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Sep 5, 2012 at 5:34 AM
    erisman33

erisman33 [OP] Crawlin Over 1 Rock At A Time

Member:
    Pismo/Mendocino
    Vehicle:
    1995 Ton'd Taco
    1 Tons with 4 Wheel Disc
    No pictures and work 6 12 hour days out of town at the moment so ill be lucky if I get to go tinker on it in the next two months

2. Sep 5, 2012 at 6:31 AM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    I know the feelin, 7 days a week 16 hours a day for the past few weeks

3. Sep 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM
    yotabeast505

yotabeast505 The Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    NE Hights ABQ NM
    Vehicle:
    THE BEAST
    here we go. Ford 9" rear after breaking 5 sets of gears in the stock yota 8.8, 5.13 gears with a detroit hard locker, 63" chevy leafs and custom hangers, sky's front spring hanger with sky's extream hysteer and PSC hydro assist ram and PSC pump. welded front spyders in the f-550 front dana 60 with warn hubs, pico brake lines and hoses, elecrtic fan, TRD supercharger with URD 2.1 Pully, URD Map-ECU2 and cage built by me. wide band a/f by inovations, lots and lots more...........
    i bought one for $150 lol and then bought some unit bearings that were made to the toyota bolt pattern from trail gear! score!
    after 7k miles i havent heard a noise or any brakage yet

4. Sep 6, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    erisman33

Member:
    Pismo/Mendocino
    Vehicle:
    1995 Ton'd Taco
    1 Tons with 4 Wheel Disc
    They arnt a bad axle at all its still a 60. I just like a king pin axle or anything. Every axle has its up and its down.

5. Sep 7, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    So...why no actual pictures of the fabwork? Just a few poser shots here and there...are you doing the work or someone else?

Why would the steering shaft need two u-joints? You said it binds at droop. The steering shaft should be the exact same position lock-lock, just rotated. The steering shaft shouldn't bind at droop if it doesnt in any other axle position unless the steering box is moving or the frame is flexing that much. If thats the case adding another u-joint to the steering shaft isn't fixing anything.

6. Sep 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    erisman33

Member:
    Pismo/Mendocino
    Vehicle:
    1995 Ton'd Taco
    1 Tons with 4 Wheel Disc
    I've done all the work myself, Ive been living 6 hours away from the truck for the pasted year and a half so the progress has been super slow due to working lots of hours at work and having to travel to work on it. I rather do all the fab work myself and if it fails then its on me. I don't really care if nobody else likes how I did stuff or what I have planned for my truck. Keywords there are My truck. I don't do fabrication for a living nor do I plan on it. Tell me what you would like to see and I'll try to get a picture of it:D this is the only picture I have of the new front hanger.
    [​IMG]

As for steering having it turn bound the rag joint that I had in it. It wasn't the right joint at all. So I replaced it with borgeson joints and steering shaft. So now it has a telescopic shaft. No more binding.

7. Jan 16, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    erisman33

Member:
    Pismo/Mendocino
    Vehicle:
    1995 Ton'd Taco
    1 Tons with 4 Wheel Disc
    So I haven't been on a while or update any thin on this thing for a while. So ended up putting in the dual case with triple sticks bought an Arb for the front did 5.38 gears in both also plated the frame a lot more and went and got 42 inch iroks and trying to get ready for koh hopefully everything works out to where I can go. Hopefully get some pictures up tonight still mall crawling it because I need to get a high out put steering pump because the stock ones sucks

8. Jan 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM
    erisman33

Member:
    Pismo/Mendocino
    Vehicle:
    1995 Ton'd Taco
    1 Tons with 4 Wheel Disc
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There some eye candy for the thread now I'm waiting on a psc pump kit and then headed to k.o.h to test it out :confused:

To Top