1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1 week old owner - My exp to date

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DdayIsNear, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Jun 18, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    So i picked up my truck from the stealership a week ago today. I noticed one thing when i picked it up on the tire, i scuff mark like it hit a curb, visible chunk of rubber missing, but so minor, whatever, i mentioned to haggle price down with some other things, whatever again. SO everything else checked out, i drive away happy tacoma owner,and few miles later the maintence light comes on. WTF.. so stealership is closed now, i go first thing next mroning. Bring to sales rep and manager, they bring it in, tell me it needs oil change and fluid change.

I get the call from the Stealership today asking about how the exp was buying from them and to call about any problems if i am not so satisfied. So i call back and mention this to him, SO i say, the salesmen and manager told me certified preowned checked and passed, and it needed an oil change minutes after i left. WTF. I mentioned tire to him, and inthe message he left, something mentioned about free ipod, so i bring tha tup to. He agrees something is not quite right with my experience, and said to bring it in, find him, and we will have service up and down the vehicle.

Hope it works out, i am also going to tell him that via my research online, i noticed many TSB's for my truck and would like them attended to. I dont know what TSB's apply to me seeing as i have the dbl cab v6 trd sport version.I'll see what happens.

The truck runs fine and have no issues, in fact love this thing and cant believe that it is as quick as it is, sure has some real power for stock compared to what i have been in.

2. Jun 18, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Hope it all works out................get under that truck and really look at it..how many miles does it have?

3. Jun 18, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    10,100 - got it with 9,980 or so

4. Jun 18, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    Plain Jane Taco

Plain Jane Taco I have small lugnuts because I own a Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport PR
    The light is just a timed thing that pops on about 5K miles after it was last reset. It means nothing. Reset and move on.

To Top