1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'10 2wd ac "max fit" tires/wheels

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by def4pos8, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Apr 2, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    def4pos8

def4pos8 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma AC 2.7L/5spd SR5
    undercoat, running boards
    HEY Y'ALL!

Spring has arrived at SW Ohio so the snow tires are off and my choice of summer tires are installed.

These are 235x60-16 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity mounted on Rial (Germany) "Como" 16x6.5 wheels. The combination is available from Tire Rack. Loaded radius is essentially identical to the OEM 215x70-15 Destination LEs. This is good in a 2.7 as the odometer, speedometer, acceleration, ABS sensitivity/activation and fuel economy are not affected in bad ways. This is a maximum fitment as anything wider will contact the frame or fender liner at full steering lock.

The three-tire illustration shows a mounted 235 next to a mounted 225x70-15 snow and a dismounted 215.

Install was performed on a wet day so the portraits were done when the weather became warm/dry and I could give the Taco a bath.

The Bridgestones transform the truck in a good way. :yay: I'd recommend them to any late-model, 2WD/4-CYL operator.

DSCN0981.jpg
    DSCN0982.jpg
    DSCN0987.jpg
    DSCN0988.jpg

2. Apr 2, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    91r100gs

91r100gs Understand the Voice Within

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kansas City area
    Vehicle:
    '08 Impluse Red SR5 I-4
    Factory bed mat, TacomaWorld.com sticker, EGR In-Channel Vent Visors, AFE ProDryS drop in air filter
    Nice wheel and tire combo. I plan on something similar when my LE's are done for. I like the way these fill out the wheel wells. Very sharp.

3. Apr 2, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    def4pos8

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Thank you. Right! A 235 on this width/offset wheel takes the tread right out to the fender edge. Anything more wide would have interference issues on the inside and throw water, dirt, trash, etc onto the sides of the body. :(

4. Apr 5, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    def4pos8

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    A 235x60-16 is a maximum fit THAT RETAINS FACTORY-ENGINEERED PERFORMANCE PARAMETERS. :frusty: If an owner chooses taller/wider options, that's OK, providing final drive ratios are altered and/or lift kits and flares eliminate clearance issues.

Taller fitments WILL affect ABS sensitivity, general handling due to alteration of the center of gravity and fuel consumption, not always in a good way. :bananadead:

For owners of rock-stock 2WDs a 235x60-16 is the "maximum", OEM replacement.

Products Discussed in

To Top