1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'10 dc off road lift opinions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by captain72, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    captain72

captain72 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    SE Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC Off Road
    Borla exhaust, 285-75/16 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ on Moto Metal 955, Low Range 3" kit and TSB
    First I'd like to say I'm amazed by the amount of knowledge on here. Makes me feel like an idiot. I guess too much information can be a bad thing. I'm confused. I've wasted more than enough time at work reading the threads and "stickys" before posting :) Anyway, here it goes. I just bought a '10 DC Off Road 4WD. Love it. I use it 90% highway and minor off road trails, basically want to lift it for the look. I love the stock ride (rides better than my '09 4Runner) so I don't want to alter the ride much. I also tow a 2000 lbs boat back and forth to the ramp.

I plan on lifting it to no more than 3" , buying the Ivan Stewart rims and putting som BFG AT/TA 265/70 16 on 'em.

I'm more confused by all the lift options. Tuff country, cornfed, Revtek, toytec. Blocks, AAL, coils, shocks, diff. lowers, spacers, etc. I understand everyone has all their favorites and applications but for mine I'm frozen in fear of making the wrong choice because of all the options.

I'd appreciate some feedback from the experts. Boats, guns, and women I get, suspension I'm at a loss :) Thanks in advance for any opinions on what would work best for my application.

2. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Sold all 3

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4
    Kings
    It all depends on how much money you want to spend.

Bilstein 5100's set at 2.5" and a rear AAL or the TSB should work fine.

Billys at all 4 corners would be around $300 and the AAL, if not the TSB should be about $70.

3. Jan 9, 2010 at 8:22 AM
    captain72

captain72 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    SE Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC Off Road
    Borla exhaust, 285-75/16 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ on Moto Metal 955, Low Range 3" kit and TSB

Thanks 707 . Question what is TSB ? Also, not to sound like an a$$ but I'm one of those guys who just wants it done right so cost is not really a factor as long as I'm not throwing $$ away. No use nickle and diming it now.

4. Jan 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Sold all 3

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4
    Kings
    TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. There is one for the rear leaf springs that adds a leaf to the pack for free. Ask a local Toyota dealer if you qualify. I'm not sure if 2010's are supported or not.

Depending on what you are going to be using the truck for, you can get UCA's and coilovers if you plan on offroading.

Some brands of c/o's to look at include ICON, camburg, fox, king, sway a way, etc.

For UCA's there are Total Chaos, Camburg, All Pro, Light racing, etc.

In the rear you can get some better shocks as well as a leaf pack from deaver or another company that replaces the 3 leafs you have with 10. It adds a bit of lift to the rear and you would need to get extended brake lines if you do this.

5. Jan 9, 2010 at 8:54 AM
    Ptowntaco

Ptowntaco Camburg :)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Petaluma Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2000 Prerunner TRD
    Tint, Socked, Deck Plate mod, Camburg 2.5 coils, Camburg UCA, 5100's in the rear, Custom Deaver leaf pack, Micky Thomson Classic Locks, BFG KM2, CB
    i am running the Camburg 2.5 coils and their uca and a custom deaver pack in the rear with 5100s and i love it great off road handling

6. Jan 9, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    If you tow 2,000 lbs regularly you may want to look into OME's dafar leaf pack and shocks for the rear. Also there front set up is very well respected on here.

To Top