1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

10 reasons not to buy a nissan frontier

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by beastlytaco, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Dec 3, 2008 at 2:00 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i'll do alot more than that....

2. Dec 3, 2008 at 2:28 PM
    WoadWunner

WoadWunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Bridgetown, Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    17 Accesscab TRD Offroad Inferno
    Tonneau Cover, Devils Horns on the way, Blackened Grill, LED Low beams and Fogs, weathertecs
    I jjust replaced my Frontier with the Taco, They are both good trucks but I feeL the Taco is a much better value dollar for dollar

3. Dec 3, 2008 at 2:44 PM
    cmytacoma

cmytacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Humboldt county NORCAL
    Vehicle:
    05 black DC LB sport
    Eclipse AVN 6620, Diamond audio 4.5" component in kicks, center channel with same mid and 2 tweets, infinity kappa perfect component 6.1 in front doors, kappa 6.1 coax in rear, sx900.4, fosgate power 1000, 06 L7 in ported box. BHLM, custom made sliders,
    #1 reason is because Nissan sucks at building trucks so bad that they recently have agreed with chrysler to have dodge build the titan for them!!!!! (yea Really) then there's the Plastic interiors, reliability, resale value, looks, size, and of course fuel economy. All not even a match for the Yota. Nismo vs TRD. not even a battle, only way i'm leaning left is in the GTR like radelix said and even then it's vs a supra at similar cost which should be a close race

4. Dec 3, 2008 at 6:04 PM
    fasn8dave

fasn8dave Hey guys watch THIS!

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    3" Suspension Lift Custom Wheels 265 / 75 / 16 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (32") Hard Bed Cover Front Bull Bar / Skid Plate Tinted Glass Header Mount GPS Billet Grille
    I might not have ten, but I'm a recovering Frontier Owner (2002)

1. Check consumer reports, especially on the 5-6 year old trucks. Compare. Nuff Said. The only bad thing they said was a COOL thing to me "step in is so high!"

2. Composite bed. I love it. You should get one too!

3. I have the DC - great storage under the rear seat - it's great!

4. Rear seats on the DC - seats fold, headrests relocate, you have a small but very useful "truck bed" instead of a back seat. Hauling that LCD TV on a rainy day? Oh yayer.

5. Behind the seat storage is awesome, too.

6. It already naturally sits higher, before you even lift it, as if it's saying "yeah. I'm a badsss".

7. The taco is distinctly different in looks than it's bigger counterpart. The Frontier is the mini-thick burger to the Titan's thick burger. When I'm in my taco, I don't feel like a "wanna be Tundra" - I bought my truck becauser it navigates trails better and I don't own a 100 ton trailer, LOL

8. My Frontier started rusting from the inside out, literally. The Nissan dealer asked... "you didn't have this off-road, did you?" WTF! Then they told me "tough" and showed me the door.

9. Have you seen this? LOL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xk

10. I didn't put much of a down payment on my truck when I bought it, but I have SERIOUS equity.

11. I wheeled with those crazy mofo's at Uwharrie recently and bottomed out, burned the tires, hit an embankment, broke a wheel and the truck still runs great. The ground clearance and ruggedness is better on the taco.

Wow - I had 11, LOL

5. Dec 3, 2008 at 6:20 PM
    DsleePy1

DsleePy1 Active Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner Double Cab
    I think the frontier has a lower safety rating. I remember seeing something like that on top 10 most dangerous vehicles on Fortunes website.

6. Dec 3, 2008 at 6:30 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Unfortunately quite a few of the members here have tested out the safety of there truck and although many of the trucks have been totalled, the drivers and passengers have fortunately come away with minimal injuries.

7. Dec 3, 2008 at 9:40 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
  8. Dec 3, 2008 at 9:49 PM
    borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    and don't even think about saying i missed the ridgeline. It should be driven off a ridgeline stupid minivan with a tail.

9. Dec 4, 2008 at 7:33 PM
    edwinalink

edwinalink robo-ninja

Member:
    utah
    Vehicle:
    Soma Groove
    Its a bicycle.
    ^i appreciate that there are people out there that find a ridgeline to be the right truck for them.

but thats not gonna stop me from teasing them mercilessly. or cutting them off in traffic because that cute little v6 is going.GAAAAHHHHHHH, TO EFFFIN HEAVY!!!!

And so on,

10. Dec 7, 2008 at 10:41 PM
    borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    LMAO too true its funny when they tow something too. last time i was home my dad who ironically has the same friggin truck i do, prick. anyway we were towing a float with a TRACTOR on it and this dude with a boat was pissing us off cuz he was going 40 up a long slope with a shallow grade. passed him first chance i could turns out it was a white ridgeline towing a 16ft lund. Even my step mother makes fun of them and she drive a cr-v. she is where the van with a tail thing comes from.

IMG_1327.jpg

11. Dec 7, 2008 at 10:55 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Nissan Front-Queer!

12. Dec 7, 2008 at 10:58 PM
    derekabraham