1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

101 Atheist Quotes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DuderAbides, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 1, 2010 at 11:23 PM
    DuderAbides

DuderAbides [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    haha, even though we all know that derails the topic, its still funny

2. Feb 1, 2010 at 11:40 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    While he may have killed many people, Che was a hell of a businessman. I know someone who personally handled a couple of his land purchases.

And that person is who I learned the lesson "Money is money, and people are people. If they ever cross, that's where problems arise."

3. Feb 1, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    When people died because of religion it was a VERY different time, many years ago. And it was wrong, and we now know that.
    Communist have killed hundreds of millions of people recently over the past 100 years. Communist believe in and enforce atheism upon their people. Could you say atheist killed all those people, I don't know. But I thought I would throw that out there since you want to do the same. Are you a Communist, no.

I was an atheist when I was younger, and made fun of my Christian friends a lot. I would say how stupid they are for believing in something that doesn't exist. But I now believe in God, but I still keep a open state of mind towards those who don't believe. As long as they don't talk sh*t about religion, which a lot of them do. Not you, just using an example. Do I like it when Christian's try to force they're religion on other people, no I think It's wrong. But I also think the same about atheist.

I hope this is civil enough for you.

But having said all that if you look in the site rules section, I think having a thread like this is against TW.com policy. But I could be wrong on that. Will have to leave it up to the moderators.

4. Feb 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM
    DuderAbides

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    Another one of Che's quotes I liked was, "go ahead and shoot me, for you will only be killing a man"

to quote my previous post, I didn't mean to single out christianity, lets not forget the Hutu's and tootsie's of Africa, african islamic extremists, radical islamic fundamentalists, the genocide of Tibetan monks by the chinese, Israeli/pakistani feuding over holy land, etc etc.

5. Feb 1, 2010 at 11:51 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    keep it cool so this thread can stay open. thx guys

(directed at no one in particular)

Large likes this.
  6. Feb 1, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    DuderAbides

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    by no means is anyone forcing anything upon anyone here my friend, I've given quotes from some famous people who happen to be atheists, and i've also given quotes that i've enjoyed from the bible, perhaps thats a mis-interpretation on your part?
    Again, people are dying for religion every day, radical fundamentalist muslims who decide to go Shahid "martyr" to kill not only themselves, but our troops, and innocent civilians around them. Luckily for them, the Qua-ran allows this,

Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord; They rejoice in the bounty provided by Allah. And with regard to those left behind, who have not yet joined them (in their bliss), the (martyr's) glory in the fact that on them is no fear, nor have they (cause to) grieve. Qur'an, 3:169–170

Atheism itself isn't a principle, cause, philosophy, or belief system which people fight, die, or kill for. Being killed by an atheist is no more being killed in the name of atheism than being killed by a tall person is being killed in the name of tallness.

People were killed in communist nations for a lot of different reasons. Some were communists who disagreed with those in power and were killed because of that. Some were anti-communists opposed the government and were killed for that. Some were simply in the way or inconvenient and were killed for that. These are political disagreements that people were being killed over, not murder in the name of atheism.

But weren't a lot of people killed because they were Christian? Certainly — but not simply because they were Christian. Communists typically regarded religious organizations as a hinderance towards the creation of a worker's paradise. Some religious groups also opposed the communists. Once again, we are generally looking at political issues, not a question of atheism.

Even if some people were killed simply because they followed a religion, it does not follow that they were killed in the name of atheism. Why? Because atheism is not inherently opposed to religion: it is possible to be both an atheist and religious and some religions are themselves atheistic. Atheism also isn't a belief system or ideology which can, by itself, inspire people to do things — good or bad.

7. Feb 1, 2010 at 11:55 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    [​IMG]

Yes, Boss.

8. Feb 1, 2010 at 11:55 PM
    DuderAbides

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    Be cool hunnybunny! we're all a bunch of fonzie's, and whats fonzie like? cool :D

little pulp fiction for ya!:)

9. Feb 1, 2010 at 11:58 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    reminds me of the saying I like: "calling atheism a religion is like calling not-collecting-stamps a hobby"

10. Feb 1, 2010 at 11:58 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    Look at that! Cool Hand Luke AND Pulp Fiction references? This thread is the definition of cool.

11. Feb 1, 2010 at 11:59 PM
    DuderAbides

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    :laugh::laugh:
    I like that one Bob, I'll be sure to share that one with the guys at work tomorrow

12. Feb 2, 2010 at 12:01 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Subscribed :popcorn:

13. Feb 2, 2010 at 12:04 AM
    DuderAbides

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    perhaps you have a quote, or saying that you like you could share with us?:)

14. Feb 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    1857 massacre at mountain meadows...religious killings and a lot more recnt AND on american soil....

15. Feb 2, 2010 at 2:07 PM
    XSB41

XSB41 If I had a hammer...

Member:
    First Name:
    Rik
    Va.
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4X4
    hitch haul, bed extender, bed mat, behind seat gun rack, roof rack
    Being a believer in God and the Bible and it's contents, I found the quotes interesting and amusing; I was once in that same frame of mind myself! For me personally, Christ now is the way the truth and the life, and I hope others might find the same peace...I can only share what He did for me, each person must decide for themselves their path, but after MANY years(40), I came to the realization that I was one screwed up individual, and He was there for me...I'm always willing to speak w/ others in a civil way; arguing sends folks in opposite directions. Got a good friend that is always saying "G-D" this and that...I asked him once why he continues to use the Lords' name in vain all the time, since he tells everyone he's an atheist...he actually couldn't figure out why...anyhoos, the only Christian quotes I can offer are found in the Bible, too many to type...;)

rtzx9r likes this.
  16. Feb 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    TR3NT

TR3NT saving up

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    White 09 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    recessed billet, blacked out valence,cheaters lrgm, 5100's all around, painted rims, weathertechs, painted pinch weld, 33" Hankook m/t, mkw wheels, tsb leafs
    The atheist can't find God for the same reason that a thief can't find a police officer. Author Unknown

idk if someone already posted this quote but its certainly interesting like the rest

17. Feb 2, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    + Rep Inbound- Great list!!

18. Feb 2, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
  19. Feb 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
  20. Feb 2, 2010 at 3:05 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    True. Have you seen the south park episode on atheism?

It makes the point that while people have been killing each other in the name of religion for thousands of years, that doesn't necessarily mean that religion is the problem. Almost every conflict or war can be reduced to some combination of grabbing for money or power, and people will always find ways and reasons to kill each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top