1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

140 Amp Cadillac Deville Alternator Swap Observations

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Hillingdoner, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Feb 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM
    rctoy

rctoy It's about to get real!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    konstantenos
    Pocatello Idaho
    Vehicle:
    First gen 4door monster in progress
    TRD super charger, URD fuel mods and 2.1 super grip pully, Headers, 2.5" glass pack, Dana 60 front 4 linked, 14bolt rears on chev 63's, 5.38 gears, ARB locker in the front, PSC full hydraulic steering, 18" SAW 2.5" triple rate coils overs, FOA 2.5 air bumps, B&M launch controls, B&M trans cooler, 4 alpine 6X8 type R's amped, Red led rock lights, CBI front and rear bumpers (my design) CBI sliders, 4 riggid dualys front 2 in the rear, custom track bar, ARB snorkle, warn VR8000 winch, Viair 480c twin compressers..
    after looking around and seeing some other swaps i decited that a cesada had a big case alternator that will fit my taco and it will put out 170 at 1200

2. Oct 27, 2023 at 11:08 PM
    Arctic Taco

Arctic Taco Firefly, Serenity Ed. -Arctic Taco, a slow build

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denali Park, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma Xtra Cab DLX, 85 Toyota LWB 4x4
    dents and missing bits Gravel garage, hillbilly trained mechanic…
    For better lights on your 95, you could try a set of Hella rectangular glass sealed beam type( available on Amazon I think, there is another brand- AutoPal, sourced from India-(eBay) rumored to make the sealed beam enclosures for Hella. Either of these will use the 9003/4 bulbs. I also upgraded the headlight harness with one from Daniel Stern Lighting, made a huge difference. I do know that the Hella lamps are E code, which provides a definite cutoff for the low beams.
    It would be a lot easier for your rig, I had the cut up the buckets on my 98’ and fab the spring mounts and make the 96 buckets fit in.
    Good luck!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top