1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

14th Annual Toyota Takeover

Discussion in 'North East' started by eborgie, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Aug 3, 2016 at 2:00 PM
    cynicalrider

cynicalrider #NFG

Member:
    Jersey
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 TRD 4x4, '23 Bronco Wildtrak, 2017 HSQV FE350
    Drop bracket lift and booger welds
    @getz411 this is what I was talking about and why I'm against diff diapers:

[​IMG]

Shit is thick. Only gotta worry about the plug.

getz411 and ToyRyd04 like this.
  2. Aug 3, 2016 at 2:11 PM
    Paint6it9black

Paint6it9black Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Sport
    OME 3" lift in front Extended Kings in rear Dakar leaf pack Shackle Flip 1” body lift All-Pro front bumper All-Pro Apex rock sliders Kore 4x4 Custom HC rear bumper Window Tint 5% Mesh Grille (homertaco) Rigid Industries led fog lights Fog light anytime mod Rear Diff breather mod CB Radio Safari Snorkel Home Made tire carrier (not by me) 37's Cut, Bashed and Dented Freedom SS pillar lights Smittybilt x2o 10k winch synthetic U-Bolt Flip RCI Full Skids 2" cut off fenders Front and Rear ARB lockers Geared 4:88 On board air with 2-1/2 gallon tank Relocated cab mounts
    Just throwing this out there. I won the diff guard at the raffle but it's for an 8" and won't fit mine. If anyone is interested. Comes with the (2) drain plugs and the socket Allen. Make reasonable offer. Will ship if I have to and also would be willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Arcticelf likes this.
  3. Aug 3, 2016 at 2:27 PM
    Arcticelf

Arcticelf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Gladiator
    Why wouldn't you?

Paint6it9black likes this.
  4. Aug 3, 2016 at 2:33 PM
    Arcticelf

Arcticelf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Gladiator
    That's the stock axle? I'm suddenly less worried.

5. Aug 3, 2016 at 2:33 PM
    ToyRyd04

ToyRyd04 Taco Transformer

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Perryville, MD
    Vehicle:
    '04 PreRunner
    SAS'd PreRunner Diamond Axles Crawlbox
    thumbnail.jpg

That's what I'm running on the front axle. It's solid, so much I actually welded part of the hydro assist guard to it. Cutting off the factory cover and replacing with this net almost 4qts of diff. fluid. :eek:

6. Aug 3, 2016 at 2:34 PM
    Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Frederick, CO
    Vehicle:
    '06 DCSB
    None
    No I think that's the reinforcement, you cut the oem diff in half and weld that on

7. Aug 3, 2016 at 2:44 PM
    Paint6it9black

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Sport
    OME 3" lift in front Extended Kings in rear Dakar leaf pack Shackle Flip 1” body lift All-Pro front bumper All-Pro Apex rock sliders Kore 4x4 Custom HC rear bumper Window Tint 5% Mesh Grille (homertaco) Rigid Industries led fog lights Fog light anytime mod Rear Diff breather mod CB Radio Safari Snorkel Home Made tire carrier (not by me) 37's Cut, Bashed and Dented Freedom SS pillar lights Smittybilt x2o 10k winch synthetic U-Bolt Flip RCI Full Skids 2" cut off fenders Front and Rear ARB lockers Geared 4:88 On board air with 2-1/2 gallon tank Relocated cab mounts
    I've pulled my third and really cleaned my axle and from what I could tell with the plugs and third out is it doesn't seem as thick as this picture. Plus it's not rubbing through you should be worried about. Cracking it from hitting it on a rock is more likely. I guess we should find a used axle and test it by hitting it with a sledge and then cut it in half.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

8. Aug 3, 2016 at 3:08 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    These pictures are not showing how think the material is it's just showing the mounting flange for the carrier. Quick online search has a few people saying that the housing is 3/16's thick. Material added to the bottom and back is not a bad idea IMO.

9. Aug 3, 2016 at 3:24 PM
    Paint6it9black

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I realize that. I felt around the plug holes and around the lip of the flange. Pictures were just showing that I actually did have it out. And I'm not 100% positive how thick it is. I was just guessing by feeling around that it was not as thick as some people say. And 3/16's is probably about right and that really is not that thick lol

10. Aug 3, 2016 at 3:33 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
  11. Aug 3, 2016 at 3:57 PM
    johnnym

johnnym Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    NH
    Vehicle:
    87 4Runner Chevy 1500
    Sas 4.7tranfer case gears 5.29s Locked front/rear
    I'm assuming I am one of the guys that like to break stuff haha

12. Aug 3, 2016 at 4:50 PM
    Subway4X4

Subway4X4 Shameless Copy Cat

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd
    NY/NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Speedway Blue DCSB OR TRD
    Everything TW members recommend
    Damage report: Finally took the time to go under my truck for closer inspection.

Lower rear diff after taking the wrong line over a boulder on a Blue/Black. The protection ring around the drain plug did its job. Next go-round the whole thing might scrape right off. This is why I need to find rear diff protection.
    IMGP6609.jpg

Giant ass muffler took a hit. Driveshaft did not.
    IMGP6610.jpg

Bashed-in spacer that allows my aluminum skids to clear the low hanging muffler cross-over pipe. Fix will be an upcoming exhaust reroute.
    IMGP6611.jpg

Scratches on my 1/4" RCI aluminum skids as I "slid" across practically everything on the trails.
    IMGP6612.jpg

Not a single scratch on my Pelfreybilt aluminum gas tank skid.
    IMGP6613.jpg

The standard deep gouges on my Mobtown Sliders, both sides
    IMGP6614.jpg

Fucking lost the plastic red cap of the Francis 4' CB antenna.
    IMGP6616.jpg

13. Aug 3, 2016 at 6:19 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I have the diff diaper. I like it.

14. Aug 3, 2016 at 6:26 PM
    Subway4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd
    NY/NJ
    Vehicle:
    I like them. But they might not last long after a few more trips to RC.

Blackout14 likes this.
  15. Aug 3, 2016 at 6:26 PM
    Subway4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd
    NY/NJ
    Vehicle:
    Which ones do you have?

16. Aug 3, 2016 at 6:29 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    One that's not commercially available at the moment. Bay Area Metal Fab
    Jerry currently does not have them in production.

17. Aug 3, 2016 at 6:34 PM
    Subway4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd
    NY/NJ
    Vehicle:
    What rear bumper is this?
    upload_2016-8-3_21-34-47.jpg

18. Aug 3, 2016 at 6:38 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    CBI high clearance.

19. Aug 3, 2016 at 6:39 PM
    Subway4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd
    NY/NJ
    Vehicle:
    @Rebelimo Jason - who makes your rear bumper?
    upload_2016-8-3_21-39-51.jpg

20. Aug 3, 2016 at 6:41 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco

Products Discussed in

To Top