1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

15-25 Year Old thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Tanner.b16, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Jan 12, 2023 at 2:27 PM
    Squirt

Squirt Certified in forklifts and meme stealing =)

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Cornfields of Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat with 3.5L of fury!!
    Rexing front and rear dash camera, some LEDs, Weathertech HP floor liners/vent shades/bug deflector/underseat storage bin, OEM Ford bed mat, Diode Dynamics SS3 Pros in selective yellow, Diode Dynamics 18" light bar in amber and universal Carhartt seat covers. Bak Revolver X4S tonneau cover. Android Auto USB plug upgrade! H11 to H9. Sound deadened/insulated floors and rear wall. VLED license plate reverse light. Yokohama GO15s. Rokblokz mud flaps. Flowmaster Super 50 Series with stock resonator.
    :woot:

2. Jan 12, 2023 at 2:32 PM
    TacoTime55

TacoTime55 TT57

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2021 Midnight Black TRD Sport AT/DCSB
    OTT Tune, LED HLs&Fogs,TRDSkid, TalonCAT
    I retired from the USAF in 2011...did 25 years of active duty in the Materials Management/Logistics Arena--retired as an E7.

Monthly Retirement & Disability checks + I work as a Surgical Materials Guru in Cath Lab so I supplement my income for retirement.

What my wife doesn't take from me (money wise), I try to enjoy my mid 50s with my Sport!

I have two identical 80s motorcycles (Suzuki GS/ones a parts bike) that I've neglected for the past 5+ years.

I think my wife will go nuts when I start that hobby again AND continue adding stuff to my Sport.

EDIT: I enjoy Forums...this is my 3rd and the most active one for now. My first forum was right after I retired and bought me a "crotch rocket" thinking I was ready for that...what an eye-opening experience! I only had it 6 months then bought the 80s vintage GS.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  3. Jan 12, 2023 at 2:36 PM
    PilotBoy352

PilotBoy352 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRDOR 4wd
    Just saw this thread! I'm 19 and a sophomore in college. I got my taco when I graduated high school, and I plan on keeping this truck forever!

20221223_214013.jpg

4. Jan 12, 2023 at 2:48 PM
    Glueman

Glueman Yersinia pestis

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    The Plague....
    6 inch Douche Bag lift...what else do I need?
    Man.... I remember being 19 and a sophomore in college (I'm 57 now). I sure had a lot of fun! Study all week and then chase the ladies, race bikes and party on the weekends. Enjoy yourself!

PilotBoy352[QUOTED] and Squirt like this.
  5. Jan 12, 2023 at 2:51 PM
    Squirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Cornfields of Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Rexing front and rear dash camera, some LEDs, Weathertech HP floor liners/vent shades/bug deflector/underseat storage bin, OEM Ford bed mat, Diode Dynamics SS3 Pros in selective yellow, Diode Dynamics 18" light bar in amber and universal Carhartt seat covers. Bak Revolver X4S tonneau cover. Android Auto USB plug upgrade! H11 to H9. Sound deadened/insulated floors and rear wall. VLED license plate reverse light. Yokohama GO15s. Rokblokz mud flaps. Flowmaster Super 50 Series with stock resonator.
    What kinda stuff is involved with materials management and surgical materials? Sounds kinda like you maintain the stock in facilities and order things that are needed?

Funny you should mention that you have a Suzuki. Though I never got to meet him my grandpa owned a local Suzuki motorcycle dealer back in the 60s and 70s.:)

6. Jan 12, 2023 at 2:55 PM
    Squirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Cornfields of Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Nice truck! Looks like you like going out and having fun with it!

I also got my Tacoma after I graduated. It was a graduation, 18th b-day and becoming an Eagle Scout present. :)

PilotBoy352[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:08 PM
    TacoTime55

TacoTime55 TT57

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    "You can't Fly Without Supply!"

A saying that was generated in the Aircraft Maintenance Arena.

Same with any support function and a hospital is not different.

I was initially assigned to the Operating Room/Surgical Materials Team which includes the O/R, Day Surgery, Recovery, Birthing Center, & Cath Lab.

The way it works now is 2 sections:
    O/R - Day Surgery, Recovery, Birthing Center, and The Surgery Center
    Cath Lab - which includes managing Pyxis systems for Diagnostic Imaging (DI) & CT-Scan

My daily duties include inventory management of 3 Labs (Cardio, Peripheral & Electrophysiology) and a Storeroom.

DI & CT-Scan have Pyxis systems so the staff there logon and issue out there own supplies and I restock the Pyxis Par levels auto ordering.

Cath Lab continues to be AND was challenging when I first started managing it 4+ years ago.

About 90% of the products used in Cath Lab are non-stock specialty items.

I interact with staff (RNs & Radiology Techs) that are both permanent party and travelers (contractors).

My only dealings with the Doctors is when they come into the same office my desk is at and do their dictations.

This is my 8th job in the 10+ years since I retired.

My previous stint was with The Boeing Company/QF-16 Program but I got tired of morning & afternoon production meetings as the Supply Guy. lol

Squirt[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:13 PM
    Squirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Cornfields of Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Sounds like a ton of things to remember and do!:eek:

TacoTime55[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:13 PM
    PilotBoy352

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRDOR 4wd
    This was a combination of graduating, earning my Eagle, and earning a full-ride Air Force ROTC scholarship. My dad had made a deal with me when I started high school that if he didn't have to pay for my college he would get me a nice truck. I held up my end of the deal, and we agreed to go 50/50 on the Taco since it was way more expensive than an F-150 which is what he wanted me to get. He's a ford guy.

jw_96taco, mtip and Squirt[QUOTED] like this.
  10. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:15 PM
    Squirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Cornfields of Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Dang! Sweet deal! What was your Eagle project?

11. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:21 PM
    PilotBoy352

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRDOR 4wd
    I made 48 cadaver training boxes and other equipment for the Maricopa County Sherriffs Department K9 Search and Rescue Team. My dad has been volunteering as a SAR team member since before I was born, and I've been playing a subject at trainings since I was about 8. Our previous dog and our current dog are both trained SAR dogs.

12. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:36 PM
    Squirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Cornfields of Illinois
    Vehicle:
    That's pretty cool! Definitely a unique project. Most people around here do flag poles and easy things like that. For mine I lead a total of 50 volunteers to make 113 no sew blankets for a local hospitals cancer and perinatal center. We were able to complete it all done in a day and a half.

lynyrd3 and PilotBoy352[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:43 PM
    PilotBoy352

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRDOR 4wd
    Cool! I think my little brothers project takes the cake for the most fun project. For his, we built rain gauges and placed them out in the desert for the AZ Game and Fish Department. This consisted of us taking 5 trucks and off roading for the whole day. We just had the coordinates of old ones that had burned in a wildfire and a map. The AZGFD let us camp overnight at the ranch we were basing the operation from. My brother was coordinating everything from there with CB radios that we all had in the trucks.

14. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:49 PM
    Squirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Cornfields of Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Sounds like a lot of fun!! Definitely a once in a lifetime project to work on! How'd he come up with that project?

15. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:52 PM
    PilotBoy352

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRDOR 4wd
    He asked the AZGFD what he could do for a project. His dream job (other than major league baseball player) is Game and Fish Ranger.

16. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:53 PM
    Squirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Cornfields of Illinois
    Vehicle:
    The most recent project I helped out on was about 2 months ago. My dad and I helped a friend on his project but I feel bad for him though. He's had very little help from his troop so he's done a good amount of the work by himself!
    20221113_120324.jpg

TacoTime55 and PilotBoy352 like this.
  17. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:53 PM
    TacoTime55

TacoTime55 TT57

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    I'll keep this short...

My family worries about my memory...since I have selective remembering. LOL

This job requires lots of remembering Catalog/Reference numbers and PAR levels for high usage products.

Not to mention lots of walking...to get to the staging area to retrieve carts full of stocked items from the warehouse as well as non-stocked items that require unboxing/tagging & bagging so I know what product quantities were received.

One thing that annoys the heck out of me is when staff does not have what they need. Of course, it helps if they do their own inventory of non-stock specialty products needed for up coming cases.

Lots of Excel spreadsheets in my computer to help me remember what goes with what...Just yesterday, I learned that I have to order Surgical Instruments!

When I approached the SPD (Sterile Processing Dept) Supervisor, she told me she doesn't order for Cath Lab but gave me insight on what I needed to do.

I inherit a lot of mini jobs along the way...staff seem to think, "Ed can fix anything". I need to learn to stop being such a "Pleaser". LOLOLOL

I can't even keep my reply short! (Just LOL at me...it won't bother me)

18. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:55 PM
    Squirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Cornfields of Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Ah okay. Definitely a cool job to have

19. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:57 PM
    TacoTime55

TacoTime55 TT57

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    That's awesome you and your dad helped a friend.

The friend must find joy in doing what he does.

I find that as long as ONE enjoys doing what they do, they will continue to do it...even if it means by himself.

20. Jan 12, 2023 at 4:58 PM
    Squirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Cornfields of Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Sounds like fun :bananadead:
    LOL

TacoTime55[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top