1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

15 year old, who will hire? (Glibert,Az)

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by jessej432, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Oct 16, 2009 at 7:44 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    It is.. Isn't it?

Funny thing is we had a similar situation like that here at work. Some of the employees were speaking spanish and one of the leads didn't like it because he thought they were always talking about him. He told the managers and eventually made it up to HR. They told the lead we had to right to speak whatever language we wanted. So we do.:D

2. Oct 16, 2009 at 12:00 PM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Not sure about AZ, but some states allow you to work part time and only at certain types of jobs.

3. Oct 16, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    ref a sport. I ref hockey on the weekends and make about $150 in CASH. Or I don't know if you have them down there, but picking tobacco in the summer too.

4. Oct 16, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    Canuckoma

Canuckoma Cunuckoma 98 - 425,000 Miles

Member:
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma 425,000 miles
    Delo 400 Syn, Plywood Box Sides
    Any luck with the cougars yet?

5. Oct 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM
    jessej432

jessej432 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    haha not yet! But I'm keeping my hopes up! :) :D

6. Oct 21, 2009 at 3:13 PM
    jessej432

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Just an update, I went to Fry's and I saw one of my friends working there, so I went up to him and asked him what it was like to work there. He said that the manager was a complete and total asshole and that it was the worst job of his entire life and he was planning on quitting that day, so that was kind of a turnoff so I am still looking around.

7. Oct 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    dood, welcome to your first job. Gotta work shit for years before you work somethin that doesnt suck.. whatever you get, its gonna suck.

8. Oct 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    Yeah... i have to say that's pretty stupid... Don't eat tortillas because you're eating our food!!:D

9. Oct 21, 2009 at 3:23 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    grocery stores, and fast food are really the only thing. Target you have to be 16 (I used to work there) Your best bet is to ask some small local business in Gilbert if they need extra help. or if your parents friends need help if they own a business.

10. Oct 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    ...or lie. get the school guy to write your work permit like youre 16!!! :D (this is a bad idea btw...)

11. Oct 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM
    jessej432

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Yeah I understand that, but he said that he like hits the workers, and cusses in front of all the customers, and steals crap from them. He said that last year they tried to get him fired but they were retards and sent a petition to the owner of that Fry's location. Unfortionately they are so stupid that they spelled Petition: Petetion and so obviously, the note got thrown away

12. Oct 21, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    My golf course hires young people to help at the bag drop, get carts, etc.

13. Dec 20, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    Tyler_G13

Tyler_G13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Texas edition
    Custom Black Leather Borla Exhaust system fold-away bed cover 20" Tx Edition chrome rims Alpin INA-W900 double-din touch screen chrome running bars 35% tinit front/16% tint back python alarm system 1 13TW5 JL audio subwoofer custom ported subwoofer box powered by JL Audio HD750 amp Lots of Hush Mat on back wall
    Ref Soccer. im 16 and ive made over 3k refing, thats how i paid for part of my truck, and my really nice sound system. and i dont even ref every game they offer me. And somegames you get paid like $30, just for one game, so you could end up making over $100 dollars a day, and the nice part is it is mainly weekends, so it doesnt interfer with school.

To Top