1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

17 Sport Fender Flare Fix

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by lumberjack7, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Nov 20, 2016 at 12:03 AM
    JS760

JS760 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 DC Sport
    It was a response to a post that was emphatically stating something 100% inaccurate.

If you noticed, Norma has since edited the post I was quoting, where she questioned the intelegence and credibility of a collision repair professional..which I happen to be one, of course I took exception to it.

2. Nov 20, 2016 at 7:32 AM
    Normagene

Normagene MUTANT TACO

Member:
    New England
    True I did in fact edit the post because doublesided tape is in fact used. I inaccurately interpreted the OPs comment regarding the tape. I thought he was stating that the flares are held on with doublesided tape.

Which is completely False. The less than 1/4 inch wide strip of doublesided tape Toyota uses instead of a rubber gasket. Solely for a cleaner/different look/style. Pretty obvious that the flares are mounted with the numerous claws, clips, and screws.

Everyone responds to posts in a way that reflects their personality. You responded your way. I corrected my error, which was never meant to disparage anyone. Like I said, my comment was on the way the flares are mounted to the vehicle. Claws, Clips, and Screws, Not Doublesided Tape.

IMO tho, I prefer the look with the black rubber gaskets vs doublesided tape. And for guys like yourself who work in the automotive business, well I have nothing short of great respect. It's hard physical work at times, plenty of bloody knuckles, but from my own personal experience all my encounters have been nothing but excellent.

Just this weekend, my Muscle car got a slow leak in the rear passenger side tire. I took it in, I purchased the 5 or 6 year (can't remember for sure) Wheel & Tire Warranty. These ZR rated performance tires and Cannot not be plugged/patched. They must be replaced.

So the Service Manager let me watch for entire process. One of the techs said just be super careful because technically I can't be on the floor. They removed the tire and sure enough a nail, or what appeared to be a nail, turned out to be a screw. They don't carry these tires on-hand and had to order one. They are directional so each tire has its own code number.

The tech took me over to their new $35,000 completely computerized machine. Wow was this thing impressive. It's virtually impossible to damage the rim, which already happened once in the past. Ended up costing the dealer 2K for a new rim plus $340 for the tire. And the car only had 900 miles on it. The was the Best $500 I've ever spent, definitely recommend the Wheel & Tire warranty if you have an expensive muscle/sports car.

I asked them to patch it, didn't want to leave it overnight, and the new tire would be in first thing next morning (Saturday). I returned Saturday, and asked for the same tech because he was so nice, thorough, and professional. I was very impressed, so much so that I will be writing a review on their website tomorrow, need to get a couple of the other guys names, don't want to leave anyone out.

From the Service Manager to the hands-on tech they treated me great. Absolutely Outstanding service. That's the way it should be and I'm one of those people that puts their thank you in writing for other to see. In my opinion they did everything perfect. Great service and great attitudes!

Plus I love that I was able to watch and see how everything is done. Their new balancing machine was equally impressive. The tech told me it is dead on accurate.

3. Jan 23, 2017 at 8:28 AM
    dtraill27

dtraill27 Well-Known Member

Member:
  4. Jan 23, 2017 at 9:04 AM
    stevebaz

stevebaz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2016 access cab, TRD offroad 4x4, Quicksand
    I'm glad your getting it fixed. That way the truck doesn't look like a beater truck in a few years. Once you start letting things go it all goes down hill from there. For some its just a truck and for others its a reward for doing all the right things in life that allowed you to buy your pride and joy.

5. Jan 23, 2017 at 9:35 AM
    dtraill27

dtraill27 Well-Known Member

Member:

I didn't take a picture of it but thankfully the truck is pretty dirty right now so it blends in. I'm pretty pissed at myself for doing it but just thankful its on a piece that can easily be repaired/replaced for relatively cheap. This is my first truck so I'm still learning its size and my driveway turns left almost immediately after leaving the garage so it can be hard to backout and make the left without turning the wheels a little before leaving the garage.

6. Jan 21, 2018 at 10:20 AM
    Deathstar1520

Deathstar1520 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited sky metallic silver
    Need part # for blue and orange clips

7. Jan 21, 2018 at 11:43 AM
    2005 TRD Sport

2005 TRD Sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    NM