1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

18x9 BFD Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires Marketplace' started by JdMeF9SiR2, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Jul 8, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    JdMeF9SiR2

JdMeF9SiR2 [OP] PARTS HOARDER

Member:
    Riverside CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Most definitely every set of 18x9" / 6x139.7 BFDs are 0mm offset and 5" backspacing.

4.5" is a great backspacing for an 8" wide wheel, but 4.5" backspacing would be pretty aggressive for a Tacoma on a 9" wide wheel. 5" backspacing on a 9" wheel width is a much better fit for the majority of Tacoma owners.

The BFDs in 18x9" / 0mm offset / 5" backspacing will not give you any issues with the majority of popular suspension setups / tire sizes (usually a 1-3" lift and 275/65R18 or 285/65R18 tires). We've also tested the BFDs with aftermarket upper control arms, aftermarket spindle lifts (4.5" / 5.5") and 33" tires with no issues either other than normal rubbing due to the tire diameter.

If you stick with original factory suspension and OEM sized tires (265/60R18) in 18" you won't have any rubbing.

2. Jul 8, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, Sylvania zXe head/fog lights, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, Toyo AT2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console.
    Got my wheels today! They're going on tomorrow...

3. Jul 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, Sylvania zXe head/fog lights, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, Toyo AT2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console.
  4. Jul 9, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    Waiting at the tire store sucks...

5. Jul 9, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

Member:
    Riverside CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    It will be worth the wait! :) Can't wait to see your truck!

6. Jul 9, 2014 at 5:58 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    Looks awesome!

7. Jul 9, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
  8. Jul 9, 2014 at 6:01 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    Had to lose the front flaps. Performed a little surgery on the over fenders, but I still have another inch in my Icons. Adding that tomorrow and getting the alignment checked.

9. Jul 13, 2014 at 6:39 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

Member:
    Riverside CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Sweet! Looks super clean. Reminds me of the time that we had 18x9" BFDs in graphite on our Tacoma before going to 16x8" Five Stars w/ 35's (which is probably a little too much tire by the way).

What size did you end up installing?

10. Jul 13, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    Went with 285 65 18's. Added my last inch of lift on my Icons. [​IMG]

11. Jul 16, 2014 at 3:50 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

Member:
    Riverside CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Lookin' good Steve! Let's see some more!

12. Jul 18, 2014 at 4:41 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
  13. Jul 18, 2014 at 5:45 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

Member:
    Riverside CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma

:D:D:D I have to get me one of those license plate frames!

14. Jul 18, 2014 at 11:16 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    I would think you know where they are.

15. Jul 24, 2014 at 4:36 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

Member:
    Riverside CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    :D Aside from the boxes of license plate frames in our shop, I have them installed on my truck too.

16. Jul 24, 2014 at 4:51 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    Everyday I look at my BFD's and think how awesome they look.

17. Jul 27, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    kankaloo

kankaloo Member

Member:
    Norwalk, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD sport
    Dustin,
    you got PM. thanks.

18. Jul 27, 2014 at 8:24 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    Are you joining us?

19. Jul 28, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

Member:
    Riverside CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I'm really glad to hear that you're so happy with your BFDs!

PM sent to you sir. You're welcome, and thank you too. :)

20. Jul 31, 2014 at 5:01 PM
    ciscotx99

ciscotx99 Member

Member:
    After all the positive feedback on this forum. I'm sold.

PM sent.

To Top