1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

18x9 BFD Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires Marketplace' started by JdMeF9SiR2, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Sep 4, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    steveh_2007

steveh_2007 Pro Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    NW Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport PreRunner
    TRD Baja Suspension, FN Wheels BFD, TRD Cat-back Exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD GrillCraft MX Grilles, FX-R 3.0 Bi-Xenon Retrofit with Osram CBI Bulbs, OEM Navigation/Bluetooth/Backup Camera Retrofit, WeatherTech Floorliners, Valentine One, ScanGuage II with custom V1/SGII BlendMount
    So sweet!

2. Sep 9, 2014 at 1:41 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

JdMeF9SiR2 [OP] FN Wheels

Member:
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra 06 Tacoma 14 FJ Cruiser 19 Tundra
    We send you everything you need to ensure no vibrations. :) Some tires are more aggressive than others, so you might get some feedback from your tires (as ThomasMore said). Toyota is very conservative with their OEM tires, so when you install more aggressive tires you might get some noises that you didn't previously hear. :)

:thumbsup:

You're awesome man! Thank you! I am glad you made it home from New Orleans and are now enjoying your wheels! Thank you for your kind words. My goal is literally treat every customer as my friend and as I would like to be treated myself. As long as I do that everyone seems to be happy, and I sleep easy knowing that I've done my best to be honest and fair with all my customers.

What we've seen is that with a 1.5" - 2.5"+ lift and most all-terrain tires and/or tire diameters that are 32.7" - 32.8" or below (32.8" is pushing it) you should not have to do any cab mount chop with our 18x9" / 0mm offset / 5" backspacing BFDs. You also will not rub on the upper control arm, and mud flap rubbing / plastic fender trimming is minimal.

Nitto Trail Grapplers are aggressive MT tires with a 32.83" OD. This is really testing the upper limits of what will rub on the cab mount on a Tacoma. I would expect them to rub.

Thanks! :)

3. Sep 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    So Dustin, when's that 4Runner going to hit the pavement?

4. Sep 10, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    hemitruk

hemitruk Old man , young boi truk

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab Sport,
    A few
    Dustin got lowered prerunner (tundra racing kit).Want to run the hyper silver on my taco. Think Ill have any problems with rubbing or tire sticking out too much .Looking to run stock size tires. Cost with shipping to 96819 Thanks Kurt
    (Sorry don't have AOL messenger app)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  5. Sep 11, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

Member:
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    My new project? I actually sprung for an FJ Cruiser instead! :) Since it was the last year of the FJ I figured I better get one.

I am getting the suspension parts together right now, and hopefully it will see some action in the next month or so. ;)

Hi Kurt,

We should have the hyper silver wheels back in stock by the end of October/beginning of November. Demand for hyper silver BFDs had really slowed down, but this year we had a lot of requests so we ordered another production run.

I don't have a ton of experience with lowered Tacomas (the majority of our customers have lifted or stock suspension trucks). I believe that you should be "OK" with stock sized (265/60R18) tires. 265/60R18 tires and 18x9" BFDs do not rub with stock suspension, so with lowered suspension and the worst case scenario I think the tires would rub just slightly on the front mud flaps / possibly the front fender liner or over fenders (which are all plastic and can easily be trimmed and removed to eliminate rubbing). Depending on what look you are going for you might also consider installing slightly narrower and slightly shorter 255/60R18 tires (with at least a 110 load rating) to get better clearance. If it was me, I'd stick with 265/60R18 and just trim any plastics (if necessary).

Hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions.

6. Sep 11, 2014 at 8:27 PM
    hemitruk

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab Sport,
    A few
    Thanks will get back with you

7. Sep 15, 2014 at 7:46 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

Member:
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    No problem! Thank you for your interest in our wheels. :)

8. Sep 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM
    hemitruk

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab Sport,
    A few
    Bump for great customer service. Went back and fort with Dustin trying to decide what rims to buy but decided to go with a different rim (lowered prerunner ) Emailed him and he replied back saying good choice and glad he could help .If he sold other products definitely would buy from him.

9. Sep 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    d440bc30eab7ffd173435bd40be5a5b5_7432d31c45d8c4e63f778939365c3003fe2c8a49.jpg

And they look good dirty.

10. Sep 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

Member:
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Kurt! It was nice talking with you too!

Lookin' good Steve! Almost like a different color since that dirt is so even. Sort of like a lighter grey. :)

11. Oct 14, 2014 at 8:53 PM
    bullaculla

bullaculla IKA fabrications

Member:
    Da big big island!
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB Tacoma 4X4 TRD Off Road
    All pro 3 link SAS kit, Diamond axle, kings on 37" MTR/K
    Got some cool stuff in the mail today! Dustin is an awesome guy :cool:
    [​IMG]

12. Oct 14, 2014 at 8:57 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Aren't you in Hawaii? You mean Dustin ships out of the country?

13. Oct 14, 2014 at 8:59 PM
    bullaculla

Member:
    Da big big island!
    Vehicle:
    Yes. The wheels on my Tacoma are from Dustin. And Hawaii is part of the country ;)

14. Oct 14, 2014 at 9:00 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I've seen Squids center caps. I have some BFF's that need that touch.

15. Oct 14, 2014 at 9:00 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BFD. Stupid autocorrect.

16. Oct 18, 2014 at 6:05 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

Member:
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Iven! Glad you like everything! Let me know how the shirts fit. :)

:D I do ship out of the country too (world-wide). I've shipped to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, England, Dubai, Kuwait, just to name a few (sorry if anyone is reading this and I left your country out).

I ship to the 50th state (Hawaii) almost daily. :)

What are Squids center caps?

17. Oct 18, 2014 at 11:04 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Auto Correct helped me... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/336359-squint0241s-oahu-build.html

Squint...

18. Oct 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    Shaggs

Shaggs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 DoubleCab Long Bed 4x4 TRD Magnetic Gray
    nice schwag pack!

19. Oct 19, 2014 at 6:44 PM
    bullaculla

Member:
    Da big big island!
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! Fits great!
    I made Rick (squint0241) some center caps for his XD monsters awhile back. I have also sold quite a few more sets since for other people with XDs. I don't think they will work with BFDs tho.

20. Oct 22, 2014 at 10:07 PM
    BrttClne22

BrttClne22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Britt
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Barcelona Red DCLB 4x4 V6
    Hey Dustin. Hopefully I'll be ordering some wheels very soon! Just got a 2015 Barcelona Red DCLB Sport this past weekend. Do you happen to have any pics of BRM with graphite BFDs?

Products Discussed in

To Top