1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

18x9 inch rims with a -12 offset. What size tires without lift kit?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DeeKay21, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Nov 11, 2008 at 1:33 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 [OP] Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I own a 2006 Tacoma TRD Sport double cab and just bought some 18x9 inch rims with a -12 offset. I dont have a lift kit on my truck and was wondering what size tire I would need without doing any trimming or rubbing of any kind? I might in the future get a lift for it but not now. I am going for an "off-road" type look and not a low profile tire "street" look. I'm also not going after a "monster truck" style look either or else I would really need a lift kit! Maybe just some nice, medium beefy all-terrain tires. Anyone know of any sizes that would fit and work for me with the 18x9 inch rims? Or does anyone have this same set up without a lift kit either?

2. Nov 11, 2008 at 11:56 PM
    drew-z

drew-z dude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White 05 prerunner SR5 Double Cab
    AFE Brute Force CAI, pioneer touchscreen, pioneer flat series 12" sub/ custom box, window tint, HIDs, LEDs overhead, timbren suspension, BHLM, 2" leveling kit
    my truck stock had 265/75/17s but with street tread. my rims are 17x9 with that same size tire but bfg all terrains. they barely rubbed when i put them on. all i did was shave a little plastic off on the inside of the wheelwell. that rim will give it the offroad look because it makes the tires poke out some

3. Nov 12, 2008 at 6:32 AM
    Rudbwoy7s

Rudbwoy7s Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5
    3" Revtek suspension lift, 17" Black and silver American Eagle Alloy wheels, 285/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, sockmonkey brake light cover, Maglight mod, Viper alarm, Smith & Wesson hitch receiver cover
    idk if you'll be able to rock 18"s with a -12 offset without a lift..

To Top