1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1980 Toyota project

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by 09dcsb, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Sep 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    09dcsb

09dcsb [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    uvalde,tx
    Vehicle:
    09 dcsb
    maine truck rack, huskyliners, bhlm, marathon seat covers, camo ventvisors, k&n filter, lift and tires coming soon to a Tacoma near me
    tacogreen.jpg

tacogreen2.jpg

tacogreen3.jpg

tacogreen4.jpg

a few pics of what I've been doing. gave it the rustoleum od green rattle can job. started putting the interior back together. gotta head to the pick and pull soon to get a seat and hopefully some doors. oh yeah and an ignition switch so I don't have to start it with a screwdriver. anybody know what size to make pics so they aren't tiny?

2. Oct 6, 2013 at 5:55 PM
    09dcsb

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    uvalde,tx
    Vehicle:
    09 dcsb
    maine truck rack, huskyliners, bhlm, marathon seat covers, camo ventvisors, k&n filter, lift and tires coming soon to a Tacoma near me
    81toyota15.jpg

81toyota4.jpg :frusty::frusty::frusty:

81toyota7.jpg

81toyota12.jpg

a few random pics. resealed front axle, got some 4runner seats, changed all fluids, and gave it the krylon touch. herculined the inside of the body and been fixing mouse chewed wires like nobodies business. got a new windshield seal coming and a weber is high on the list. cant find a set of doors to save my life :frusty:.

3. Oct 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Landry
    North Carolina :/
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro Inferno 6spd SUPERCHARGED! DCSB
    Wheelers 3/4 isolator, TRD Supercharger, Weathertech window visor, weathertech digital floor liners, Rigid 30 E series, rear spring mess. Awesome seat covers.
    well that is the easy way to lift the bed! :)

doors, yea they are getting pretty few and far between these days. I dont have any good ones at the moment myself. The last good set i had that werent on a truck, an IDIOT friend of mine cut to get the window regulators out.. worst part was he was going for the regulators for his 84-88 DOH!!

what wires are chewed? i have a few harness laying around, but its probably easier to fix the one thats there than piece one together since the ones i have left are all odds and ends (some whole harness but no info) i save them for patching up my old trucks. I sold all of the good ones with all the info, and since toyota decided they would change everything every few years unless you know specifically which harness it is or have a pile of them to compare you end up changing plugs etc.

4. Oct 8, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    09dcsb

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    uvalde,tx
    Vehicle:
    09 dcsb
    yup, that service truck crane is mighty handy to have. I've been able to fix all the wires that have been chewed so far, so I don't think I need a harness. I don't have blinkers working yet, does anyone know where to find the flasher? theres no noise underneath and I cant find it.

5. Oct 8, 2013 at 5:00 PM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Landry
    North Carolina :/
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro Inferno 6spd SUPERCHARGED! DCSB
    Wheelers 3/4 isolator, TRD Supercharger, Weathertech window visor, weathertech digital floor liners, Rigid 30 E series, rear spring mess. Awesome seat covers.
    Yea no problem ill take a pic and upload it next time im at a computer

To Top