1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1988 4x4 Pick Up

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by tacobell007, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Jan 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Just food for thought, I know how it is to tint and wish you went darker. Im happy with my 35 but on my car I went 20 and loved it, so wish I would have went with 20 on my truck. Just something to think about.

2. Feb 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 [OP] Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    Did some more work recently because of school vacation being this past week. Got a TRD leather wrapped shifter knob, finished my e-brake stuff (finally:rolleyes:), hit a tree while off roading, new tail light lense, and pushed most of the dent out.

After hitting the tree
    [​IMG]

New lens
    [​IMG]

Dent pushed out mostly
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New lens in
    [​IMG]

Shifter knob
    [​IMG]

E-brake stuff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Never got a picture of my exhaust so here is one (no cat)
    [​IMG]

3. Mar 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    I'll have some work to do this weekend. Appears that my seals decided to all go at once.. Just wish it happened a few weeks later when I could deal with it over vacation in April. I'm going to be doing my front camshaft seals (both sides), crankshaft seal, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, distributor O-ring, P/S belt, alternator belt, and an oil change. Been leaking badly since Sunday, got out of work with a big puddle under the truck. Took a picture yesterday after school of the puddle it left. Hoping this solves my problem

[​IMG]

4. Mar 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    :frusty: that sucks man!

5. Mar 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Yes it does! I'm trying to only have to take up my friday night and only saturday morning since it messed with my weekend plans enough already. At least it will be out of the way and I'll hopefully not have a leak after (that means I can park in the driveway at my girl friend's :eek:)

6. Mar 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Well the thing that was the big problem was the passenger side camshaft seal was completely out of its spot and the driver's side was leaking a little. The distributor had a small oil leak also. Hoping this solves my problems but I might have to reseal the oil pan. Replaced the camshaft seals, crankshaft seal, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, alternator belt, power steering belt, coolant, harmonic balancer (was broken when we took it off), reset the timing (distributor was off by about 4 teeth), and a new distributor o-ring.

My mess under the timing belt cover
    [​IMG]

Hard to tell but the seal is out
    [​IMG]

Water pump, thermostat, and all timing stuff out
    [​IMG]

New water pump
    [​IMG]

Timing belt and idler pulley inplace
    [​IMG]

7. Mar 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    PcBuilder14