1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1995.5 2.7 Manual 4x4 - Vermont Transplant - Back to CA

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by vtroot, May 1, 2019.

1. Apr 28, 2023 at 4:32 PM
    vtroot

vtroot [OP] Mistakes Were Made

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Bay Village, OH
    Vehicle:
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7 Manual Standard Cab
    Well, it's been several months of pretty much carefree driving. The deals I was seeing on TRD rear axles kept falling through, and I lost motivation when I started a new job January 1st.

I'm doing ornamental iron work now, and I do hope the truck will benefit from me working in a metal shop eventually, but no big plans yet.

New Updates:

My passenger door handle broke and then my driver's side broke a few months later. After a little research I've determined that my deep cleaning last summer should have been followed up with a bunch of grease.. I've seen a few people say that if the mechanisms are well greased, the door handles won't break.

Anyway, I ordered replacement handles, and in the middle of replacing the driver's side, someone walked away with my truck's tool kit.
    :spy:
    I've had it since I was around 16, and I never realized how expensive that little kit was. I decided to upgrade some things as I was buying replacements, and boy did I run up a bill.

Apparently spending money on the truck is addictive because today I decided to replace the door speakers with a pair of new JBL 6.5" - at least one of mine isn't working. Also, while the door panels have been off I've noticed the doors are kinda rattly, so I got some dynamat for them... then I decided I might as well spring for brand new fuel injectors, too (the hard starting at temp thing is slowly coming back, I think it's cuz I got sick of buying fuel treatment).
    :rofl:

I almost bought a remote door lock kit, too. I was on a roll.

I also still have new Bilstein 4600s that I bought back in November that I still haven't installed, so I'm running up a bit of a project list. I figured I'd write a post about it, maybe now I won't let this stuff sit around in the boxes.
    :drunk:

2. Nov 2, 2023 at 6:12 AM
    vtroot

vtroot [OP] Mistakes Were Made

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Bay Village, OH
    Vehicle:
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7 Manual Standard Cab
    Just in case any one is trying it, you can actually rebuild the double cardans. U joints are part # UJ513 and the CV kit inside the joint is UJ614.
    Punch out the caps from the inside out, air hammer was required for one of them and the joints come right out as you can’t push the caps in further to the joint. Putting them in was just like a normal joint. There’s a wicked video I’ll tag below if y’all are wanting to give it a shot. 4/10 on the difficulty scale.
    Video link: https://youtu.be/w2cI42jRWU0?si=Ntf99JYbDyrxuzqN

*Copy/Pasted from the facebook group.

Bandido and Speedytech7 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top