1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Colorado Mod Day Official Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Kmoney, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Apr 4, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    Completely off topic, but where is home on the other side of the state?

2. Apr 4, 2010 at 9:05 PM
    Kmoney

Kmoney [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Bend, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '17 DCSB TRD OR
    White dog
    Green River. It's not completely the other end, but it's a long boring drive and I don't go home very often.

3. Apr 4, 2010 at 9:08 PM
    AvsFanTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    Green river eh?...been there many of times or passed through it rather on the way to Rock Springs. Not much there. I'm originally from Kemmerer....

But back on topic...Probably a BYOM for bbq and everyone can chip in for chips and what not.

4. Apr 4, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    Kmoney

Kmoney [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Bend, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '17 DCSB TRD OR
    White dog
    More off topic:
    Do you know the Tyrrells? I played rugby here at UW with Geoff, Zach would be the closest to your age. Green River is alright, I'd hate to have to spend any real time in RS, though one of my roommates and a few good friends are from there. I hate to sound bias, since they were my rival and all, though!

Back to topic:

Good idea with mainly BYOM and then a few of us could just run to the grocery and pick up some random stuff. All these small detail matters we can wait until it's closer to actual time before we really need to work them out.

As long as we have all the tools necessary to perform everything. And supplies, like everyone interested in the Satoshi could make a run on Saturday and pick up everything we need for it, etc.

5. Apr 4, 2010 at 9:20 PM
    AvsFanTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    I do know the Tyrrells...well I know who they are. I never spent any time with them.

6. Apr 4, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Rock Warrior 5.7L 4x4
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift, 315/70R17 Duratracs, RW Wheels, Grillcraft Grill, Toyota "Raptor" Lettering and more
    Thank you Kelly for starting this thread. As you mentioned that I was too quick to start the list, you were too quick for me at starting the thread.
    Thanks to everyone else that will be joining us.
    I am willing to help anyone out with the mods that I have done and even with those that I have not done yet. I have decent craftmanship skills as you will see from the mods I have done. Also my friend Jeremy (madirish) will be able to help out anyone in need. He has mechanical skills and a love for the toyota pickup. Also our friend Mia may join as well to help out.
    I will bring the tools I need and will bring a welder and compressor for anyone to use.
    I am definately looking forward to this event.

7. Apr 5, 2010 at 5:21 AM
    Cheeto6182

Cheeto6182 Cheeto

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean G
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Offroad DoubleCab
    JBA Headers, Custom Snorkel/Ram-Air Intake, Spal Electric Fan Conversion, TBS lol, Borla Exhaust, ToyTec Coilovers, Old Man Emu Rear Leafs, Bilstein 5100's, Alpine system (type R's), 4.56 Gearing, 285/75/R16, Bead Lock Rims, Bed Carpeting, SoftTopper, Ram Air intake Mod, URD MAF, Dash Dyno, One Piece Drive-Shaft Conversion, Bed Cubby Led Lights, 12,500 Lbs winch, Expediation bed racking system, Hella Lights, Custom front winch bumper
    I have all the basic tools at my house that can be utilized and access to others. I'm not sure there are any specialty tools required for the mods I've seen listed so far. I've got a Dewalt grinder, that may be to big for cutting on the satoshi grill mod though...

8. Apr 5, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    Bsly862

Bsly862 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 Off Road
    3in lift
    Just requested those days off tonight, I hope I get them. This mod day is really looking up, cant wait for it

9. Apr 5, 2010 at 9:26 PM
    Cheeto6182

Cheeto6182 Cheeto

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean G
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Offroad DoubleCab
    JBA Headers, Custom Snorkel/Ram-Air Intake, Spal Electric Fan Conversion, TBS lol, Borla Exhaust, ToyTec Coilovers, Old Man Emu Rear Leafs, Bilstein 5100's, Alpine system (type R's), 4.56 Gearing, 285/75/R16, Bead Lock Rims, Bed Carpeting, SoftTopper, Ram Air intake Mod, URD MAF, Dash Dyno, One Piece Drive-Shaft Conversion, Bed Cubby Led Lights, 12,500 Lbs winch, Expediation bed racking system, Hella Lights, Custom front winch bumper
    Also a possible mod, Redneck hot-tub. Once a year we redneck hot-tub tailgate lol

n506010751_1565648_1088.jpg

10. Apr 6, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    How Long Is The Drive From Vegas? I Would Drive Out!? MAybe!

11. Apr 6, 2010 at 6:13 AM
    rockgecko03

rockgecko03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rockwall, TX
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma - Perpetual Project

Just make sure you've had the rear spring TSB done first!

This will be a great weekend... :cheers:

12. Apr 6, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    About 12 hours

13. Apr 6, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    2blu4u

2blu4u Human after all

Member:
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Indigo Ink Sport
    TRD exhaust, Pro Comp leveling kit, MB wheels, Yoko Geolander tires, black Grillcraft grill, BHLM, Pop-n-Lock, Access bed cover, Katzkin leather with seat heaters, custom console cover, shorter black billet antenna, Street Performance Throttle Body Spacer, bed mat, and bed extender.
    Maybe getting some help with my tail light tint and possibly resurfacing my front skid plate? That would be great and a few things I have put off for awhile.

14. Apr 6, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    Slapps74

Slapps74 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Thornton
    Vehicle:
    2014 FJC
    Bone stock for now!
    I have an Air saw that I will bring, its much more percise great for the grill mod. I will also bring my termanal crimping kit ($200.00 form MAC Tools) works great. Have plenty of heat shrink, connectors are expensive so bring your own. I can bring my cut off tool, 90 deg die grinder, regular die grinder, impact, air hammer etc. Just let me know what we need.

Anyone interested in gooing weelin' before this?

15. Apr 6, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    Slapps74

Slapps74 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Thornton
    Vehicle:
    2014 FJC
    Bone stock for now!
    Forgot this.

Cheeto your a lucky man...my wife would kill me if I used the over to bake headlights!!!!!!!

16. Apr 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    I'll be lookin at doin a couple light mods. Won't have my 5100s

17. Apr 6, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    AvsFanTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    are you talking about wheeling on Friday?

18. Apr 6, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    csuviper

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift, 315/70R17 Duratracs, RW Wheels, Grillcraft Grill, Toyota "Raptor" Lettering and more
    So I was thinking that we should try to get some sponsors to give out discounts for parts for mods or come out to supply help, accessories, gear, food or whatever. I was thinking of the places like 4 wheel parts, offroad innovations, Alans (leaf springs), Slee Offroad or any others that are toyota or 4wheel oriented. This would be a good opportunity for a business to pull in some new Tacoma customers for parts and accessories. Any ideas of who to contact or how to present the idea?

Any official TW vendors are welcome to step in and help out???

19. Apr 6, 2010 at 3:33 PM
    AvsFanTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    I don't think we have any where near enough people involved for them to want to take part. You can call these places and talk to managers if you want.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really want to make this a big ordeal. I was looking forward to keeping it small and personal so we can make some new friends with a casual environment.

20. Apr 6, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    csuviper

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    True. A nice day of working on the truck, socializing, grilling up some food, drinking some beer and making some friends sounds good to me.

Products Discussed in

To Top