1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen (1995 ½ - 1997) OME Fitment documents

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by KBToyota, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Apr 20, 2011 at 2:24 PM
    KBToyota

KBToyota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Spotsy, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma V6 4X4
    OME 883, 5100 all around, Wheelers 3 leaf progressive aal
    I am looking into getting an OME lift for my 1996 4X$4 V6 Extended cab Tacoma. Since the 95.5-97 model differs from the 98-05 models precations must be taken for rear leaf fitment. I contacted ARB and spoke with Duffy who sent me the following two documents on lift fitment with the 95.5-97 model Tacomas.

Hope this will help others out.

Fitment of OME suspension on 1st generation Tacoma (1995 ½ - 1997)
    FRONT:

• Same front application as the ’98-’04 Tacoma based on vehicle load. No modifications necessary.

OME Parts required:

Stock/Light Load (0-110 lbs): OME880 x2, N91SC x2 (or equivalent Nitrocharger Sport)
    Heavy Load (110-220 lbs): OME881 x2, N91S x2 (or equivalent Nitrocharger Sport)
    REAR:

Modifications necessary include:

• 2x sleeves required to reduce leaf bush ID from 18mm to 14mm for shackle pin.

• Removing 3rd leaf down from top on both spring packs to reduce spring rate and ride height (unless truck is carrying excessive load in rear).

• Tail pipe of exhaust must be rerouted to prevent tip from becoming caught between arched leaves and overloads.

OME Parts required:
    181469 x 2 sleeves
    CS019R x2 springs
    OMESB43 x2 bush kits
    OMEU53B x4 u-bolts
    *N85 or N94 x2 shocks

*For firmer ride

OME Short Leaf Tacoma Fitment

OME15s cannot be fitted to a short leaf Tacoma unless the rear shackle hanger is moved back a couple inches. This is done by removing the 4 factory welds that hold the rear shackle hanger to the chassis and then move the hanger back until it is 53 ¼” from the front spring hanger bolt hole to the rear shackle hanger bolt hole (center to center).

OME18s can be fitted to a short leaf truck, however it is a HD leaf so, you will need to remove the 3rd leaf from the pack unless the leafs are being used in a heavy load application. Another issue with using the 18 is that the spring center bolt is further forward than the OE spring, which will move the rear axle and consequently the tire forward in the wheel well.

For OMEs part, we recommend moving the rear spring hanger and using the longer OME15A/B combination. The longer spring will give a better ride and the axle is not moved forward.

To Top