1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen BED BARS Custom (Front & Rear)

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by Beefed Taco, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Oct 18, 2016 at 11:58 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco [OP] Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    I put a shell on my truck I'm selling these. They've only been used a couple times and are only a month or so old. I can create an invoice today and have them shipped by tomorrow.

These bars are simple items that really open up a new world when camping. In just minutes you can use ball bunjees to attach a tarp over the bed for shade and another tarp off to the side for an awning. When I would return home from a trip I would remove the rear bar with a 5/8" wrench in 30 seconds and keep the front one on. They are built from .120 wall 1-3/4" diameter mild steel and do require drilling one hole per side in the bed lip for each bar.

Each bar uses a nut plate under the bed lip on each side. They mount sturdy and also allow you to carry 20ft pieces of tube above the entire truck if desired. These are not scratched up from carrying tube. The front bar is 22" high and the rear 21". This allows a long piece of tubing to ride about 1" to 1-1/2" inch above the cab.

They are rattle canned semi gloss black and waxed to a nice finish. I can't guarantee they won't get scratched in transit but will wrap them with brown paper and clear shrink wrap and ship FedEx Ground. They may cost a bit to ship due to their size but will calculate by zipcode and won't mark up the carrier's cost. They are priced fair to help offset the shipping.

Each of these bars has a slightly different bend (angle) on them. Here are some features...

FRONT BAR / Has a welded hook on each end , and a 1-1/4" diameter cross bar on bottom with 3 light tabs.

REAR BAR / Has a welded hook on each end, and a little loop hook in the center so you can attach a couple bunjee cords to hang items on. (see pictures)

If interested please email me at streetacos@hotmail.com or reply here in this thread.

FRONT $85
    REAR $75
    + SHIPPING
    *Will sell individually*

100_4238.jpg
    100_4247.jpg
    100_4143.jpg
    100_4156.jpg
    100_4171.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  2. Oct 18, 2016 at 12:10 PM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
  3. Oct 18, 2016 at 7:36 PM
    tacomatrd22

tacomatrd22 TRD SuperCharged Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Fort Smith, AR
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged tacoma
    FlowMaster Super 44 2" lift Gray wire Fog light
    That's really cool! It's like a mobile house.

Beefed Taco[OP] likes this.
  4. Oct 19, 2016 at 2:43 PM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Thanks. Yeah they really create a cool atmosphere and give much needed shade when using the bed of the truck to sleep in. Here it was 95+ degrees and was nice and comfy under the tarp with the sides open and the breeze coming through. After having them I wouldn't want to be without them now. And they are really simple and easy to mess with that's the best part.

100_4153.jpg

100_4158.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  5. Oct 19, 2016 at 10:31 PM
    tacomatrd22

tacomatrd22 TRD SuperCharged Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Fort Smith, AR
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged tacoma
    FlowMaster Super 44 2" lift Gray wire Fog light
    95 :eek: guess that tarp really kept things cool by 10 degrees. I'm not super good when it comes to heat and sleep though.

Products Discussed in

To Top