1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen Debadge

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by CUtigerfan, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Aug 27, 2011 at 4:14 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    Finally decided to pull a few badges off today. I managed to get both badges of the tailgate and claybar to remove any residue. Looks great and it doesn't look like the paints faded at all. I'm still on the fence about the badges on the door. I would like to just keep Tacoma on the doors but that would require pulling the badge on the left door completely off and moving it over a few inches. Are the 2nd Gen badges made different because I ruined the ones on my tailgate trying to get them off. I doubt I could get one off in one piece.

2. Aug 27, 2011 at 4:27 PM
    tacoman355

tacoman355 WORD!?!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Hampton,VA
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab Taco
    sold....
    The door badges are different. They are hard plastic unlike the rubbery tailgate badges. Get rid off all the badges and buy some second gen "tacoma" badges. Looks way better IMO. A lot of second gen guys who debadge sell theirs. Just keep your eyes open. Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top