1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st gen tow package fan clutch

Discussion in 'Towing' started by fishfeller, May 17, 2013.

1. May 17, 2013 at 4:56 PM
    fishfeller

fishfeller [OP] New Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    03 xtracab trd
    I have a V6 03 extracab 4x4 TRD manual and im installing a receiver. My truck didnt come with a tow package and has the orange fan instead of the green one. I was wondering what the difference was and if its worth replacing. Also if it is worth replacing, the part number and what I can expect it to cost. Also any other mods besides a brake controller that would make the vehicle more tow ready.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. May 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    Rhino

Rhino Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Laurel, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD SR5 4x4
    gray wire mod, blacked out, debadged, toolbox foglights, cb in dash, system, bilstein 5100's in front wrapped in eibach coils, 5125's in the rear with 2 inch aal and 1 inch shackle, diff drop kit, extended rear brake line, 8000 lb smittybuilt winch on a custom winch bumper, 2 4 inch 100 watt kc's and 2 6 inch 100 watt kc's on the bumper, sometimes a ladder rack,much more to come
    the fan thing makes no difference, my 03 has the factory tow package yet my fan is orange like the tacos without factory tow package, even has it listed on the list of options from the original sales sticker, guess it was just a factory mistake

3. May 29, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    TBX

TBX Member

Member:
    I'm in the same boat..

Products Discussed in

To Top