1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Post, Probably soon a Tacoma Owner

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DennisM, May 28, 2012.

1. May 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    DennisM

DennisM [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Wa State
    This will be my first Toyota Truck. I have owned several other TOyotas with good luck. I am looking at a 12 DC Tacoma with the SR5 package, and tow package.
    Is there any other MUST have options, or "I wish I would of gotten that" type option for these trucks? It was between this, and a Jeep JKU. Thanks! Been reading a lot on this website.

2. May 28, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    toyotaT32

toyotaT32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Palmer, Alaska
    3 inch revtek in coil spacer, all pro bumper, smittybuilt 8000 winch, 265/75/17 BFG AT, cookie monster stuffed animal in bumper... UPDATE 10/17/12.... OME886 Coil lift with spacer. UPDATE 9/6/13..... Plasti dipped 17inch eagle alloy wheels. 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs, 6 bulb rigid industries LED D2 lights
    Are you getting a base model? Or Off Road? Or Sport? I'm actually happy with my Off Road and from what I've read on here. Others are happy with they're sports or off roads. It's all in honesty what you prefer to have. What options you want and what you plan on doing with the truck. Either way man just like you, I've owned alot of toyotas and plan on stay with them. But when it comes down to it, it's your rig so you gotta be happy with it. Post pics when you can

3. May 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    AlaskanTaco

AlaskanTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 acc cab tacoma
    Get the bluetooth

4. May 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM
    blackpearl11

blackpearl11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma
    welcome to TW! I think what your getting sounds pretty good. Tow package is nice to have. double cab is also smart. The rear of the access cab is practically useless for passengers. Sounds like a good truck!

5. May 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    jamesinkeys

jamesinkeys Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    florida keys
    Vehicle:
    pre runner
    pimped
    Check out jk forum....has all the nitty gritty on the jk. Was looking to buy the jk with new pentastar engine with the new five speed for 2012. Too many problems, too many headaches, over priced for what you get. Problem areas, steering boxes, ball joints, D.W. death wobble, leaks, Head probs on the new engine, cheap build quality, on and on. Will buy a 2013 tacoma d.c.s.b. if its an all new design, supposed to be like the new 4runner with a bed.Tacoma, high quality build, more reliable, on and on. Good luck on your decision.

6. May 29, 2012 at 1:06 AM
    POWHANA

POWHANA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    The Sport and Off-Road have the electrical outlet in the bed. I dont believe the SR5 comes with one. Cool option to have. The Off-Road has the rear differential lock.

Products Discussed in

To Top