1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2.5" Spacer

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Krackalacka, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Mar 2, 2011 at 6:56 AM
    Krackalacka

Krackalacka [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD SR5 Sport
    B 5100s 2.5 AAL Suspension Lift
    So, a couple nights ago, I spent 6 hours trying to put a 2.5" spacer lift on the front of my 2006 tacoma. Factory set up on the front suspension, tried to do it with no spring compressor, that was impossible, went to advance auto, and borrowed a spring compresson (didn't know they loaned those out) tried that, was bending the bolts on the spring compressor it was so tight an still couldn't get it compressed enough and have enough room to get the assembly put back in. What the F*!K am I doing wrong, I was so frustrated to put it all back together to stock the other night. Any suggestions would be awesome, as I have never done a lift dealing with coils before.

2. Mar 2, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    wolfdog2314

wolfdog2314 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brush Prairie
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    Eibach coils. 5100's all around. AAL. WickedFlow
    Or if your set on the spacer lift, take the whole assembly to a local auto shops (meineke or the like) and have them assemble it for you.

Will probably cost you 50-100$.

Good luck!

3. Mar 2, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    I did this with my 5100s and 885s...I broke there fuckin machine because the springs were rated to high for it hahahaha! The springs bent the forks! Ended up going to a local off road shop and had everything assembled made life much easier!

To Top