1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2.7 motor starts rough

Discussion in 'New Members' started by nickking54, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Apr 12, 2015 at 5:48 PM
    nickking54

nickking54 [OP] New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    1995 Toyota Tacoma
    2.7 liter motor
    I am new to owning the 2.7 motor. I just bought this truck yesterday and the truck starts a little rough. It acts like its not getting enough fuel. I was going to change the fuel filter that is located under the frame rail but it seems to now be there looks like it has a electric fuel pump. This is a 1995 Tacoma with a 2.7 motor. The check engine light is on and I was told it was a O2 sensor. From what ive read so far everyone suggest its a fuel filter/fuel pump or mass air flow sensor? Im not sure and looking for some suggestions. Trying to see if the check engine light is due to O2 sensor or actual fuel issue?

Secondly I was told that there was new clutch put in a year ago but it seems to be hard to put in gear. It goes in but you have to push it some what with force to get it in. Once its in gear it stays in gear. Any suggestions???

Thank you please help me out with suggestions

2. Apr 12, 2015 at 6:58 PM
    BamZipPow

BamZipPow T-100 visitor

Member:
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    Aerodynamic T-100 and trailer
    Custom aero cap, full length belly pan, adjustable rear diffuser, side skirts, aerodynamic trailer
    Welcome to the forums! ;)

As far as the shifting goes, it could be the shifter seat bushing. Marlin Crawler has some that should fit. Have you pulled the shifter out to inspect the shifter seat bushing?

https://www.marlincrawler.com/transmission/shifter-parts/heavy-duty-seats
    https://www.marlincrawler.com/transmission/shifter-parts/heavy-duty-sockets

What is the exact code that was pulled? It would've been a P0xxx... ;)

Have you inspected/cleaned the MAF sensor? Use some MAF sensor cleaning spray and spray until the sensor wires are nice and shiny. Make sure you wear eye protection! ;)

3. Apr 29, 2015 at 9:27 AM
    BamZipPow

BamZipPow T-100 visitor

Member:
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    Aerodynamic T-100 and trailer
    Custom aero cap, full length belly pan, adjustable rear diffuser, side skirts, aerodynamic trailer
    Were you ever able to pull the code for the check engine light?

I just replaced the fuel filter on my 2.7L engine for my 1996 T-100 and it was mounted on the engine block which was located just under the air plenum. My fuel filter was clogged up pretty bad when a shop replaced the fuel pump and didn't clean out the tank. It was clogged to the point where the EFI fuse was popping due to the extra amps the fuel pump was pulling trying to push fuel through the clogged filter. :(

Products Discussed in

To Top