1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2" Lift keeping stock ride

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by El Tano, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Feb 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    El Tano

El Tano [OP] i am the one who knocks

Member:
    Pasadena. CA
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD sport
    Corvette homelink FRONT: 5100 Blinstein set at 0 Procomp 3" leveling kit Allpro UCA’s. REAR: Icon Multi Rate RXT Leaf Pack 5100 Blinstein. 17x9 kMC wheels 0 BS 285/70 17 Wildpeak A/T4W C range Amp research steps. and a bunch of TSB's
    I have been reading and searching and I can't find the "perfect" set up that I want. My truck is a 10' TRD sport 2wd long bed, I don't do any off road whatsoever, I drive 40% freeway/60% city streets and I carry 400 pounds most of the time.
    This is what I would love:
    I would like to lift my truck about 2 inches, keep the stock ride quality and keep my oem 17 tires, put some 1.25 spacers on the wheels and call it a day.

FRONT: I know that spindles don't change the ride, so I got that for the front.
    BACK: As for the back, blocks should not change the ride quality but the travel of the shock absorber will be shorten. How about if I make some kind of extension (same size as the block) for the shocks? in my mind this will be great, but again, I DON'T know anything about suspensions.

Any educated input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. Feb 23, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    El Tano

Member:
    Pasadena. CA
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD sport
    Corvette homelink FRONT: 5100 Blinstein set at 0 Procomp 3" leveling kit Allpro UCA’s. REAR: Icon Multi Rate RXT Leaf Pack 5100 Blinstein. 17x9 kMC wheels 0 BS 285/70 17 Wildpeak A/T4W C range Amp research steps. and a bunch of TSB's
    Nothing ?

3. Feb 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    El Tano

Member:
    Pasadena. CA
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD sport
    I can't believe this is not possible.

4. Feb 26, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Sounds like you're set with the front with spindles. For the rear, using blocks does not do anything to alter the spring rate but it will affect the ride. The blocks promote axle wrap and can wear out your leaf pack quicker. I'm not sure about you, but my truck rode like shit when it was stock and had 400 lbs in the bed. I was pretty much on the bump stops at every little bump.

I'd go with one of the multi-leaf AALs if I were you. They do ride a little bit stiffer than stock but with 400 lbs in the bed, it will still ride very nicely and will give you the 2" of lift you're looking for (leaf the over load leaf in place for the extra 1/2"). I've got the Icon version and, with my shell and tools in the bed, it rides nice, very controlled. Wheelers makes 2 versions of the multi-leaf AAL, a regular and an HD version. The regular is supposed to be comparable to the Icon, the HD version is for heavier towing and hauling and I would imagine that would be noticably stiffer than stock.

As for shock travel, you're better off getting shocks that are the correct length rather than messing with shock spacers. You remove the shock and flex the truck, get measurements at full stuff and full droop, then find the shock that gives you the most travel range and adjust your bump stops accordingly, not the shock.

5. Mar 2, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    El Tano

Member:
    Pasadena. CA
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD sport
    Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top