1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2 questions on my new Leer 100R

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tombiosis, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Apr 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM
    tombiosis

tombiosis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    2016 Tacoma Access Cab, Super White, TRD Off Road package,//OEM Running Boards//TriFold2.0 Tonneau Cover//FJ Cruiser TRD SE Black TrailTeams replca wheels!
    Hi folks,
    I just sold my Toyota hard cover, because I found a great deal on a colour matched Leer 100R.:D
    I noticed the third brake light on the cap has some moisture in it...has anyone fixed this before "a la BHLM" ?
    or will I need to replace the light?
    Also, can someone point me to a wiring diagram for the third brake and dome light on the cap? I've searched and come up empty...The cap has a multi connector hanging by the driver side tailight, and the seller gave me the matching adapter to wire in...I just don't want to screw it up!
    Thanks in advance...

2. Apr 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    rancher 420

rancher 420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    north east ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 plain jane 4x4
    aftermarket fogs with HID LEER 100R cap pioneer head unit tinted windows silverstar reverse lights tow hitch cobra 75 c.b. vent visors new recovery hook in the front camping set up in the back ( rug, air mattress, fan, and heat)
    i have a 100 R, but have had no issues with the third brake light. is yours the led style, ore regular bulb type? either way, it shouldnt make too much of a difference. as for the wire plugs, there is probably a wire for the third brake light that will splice into the brake light on the truck, another hot wire that will tap into the tail light to run the interior light on the cap (i ran a hot from the batt. so i could use the interior light when ever, as well as wired a plug into the rear so i had 12 volt power for inflating air mattress, or whatever else. and you should have a ground wire as well.

3. Apr 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    tombiosis

tombiosis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    2016 Tacoma Access Cab, Super White, TRD Off Road package,//OEM Running Boards//TriFold2.0 Tonneau Cover//FJ Cruiser TRD SE Black TrailTeams replca wheels!
    Thanks for the reply.
    I was hoping to hear from anyone that may have disassembled the third brake light to re-seal it...anyone?

To Top