1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2" ToyTec or 4" Pro Comp HELP!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by eagleswarrior, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jan 16, 2010 at 7:40 AM
    eagleswarrior

eagleswarrior [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    1988 Toyota Pickup 3.0 V6...
    Paint Job (Imperial Jade Mica-6Q7), 2" ToyTec Susp. Lift, Pro Comp ES9000 Shocks, Mud Tires, New Carpet, two-toned Dyed Dash, Blue LED's in instrument cluster, rockford fosgate 6 1/2's, 1" Rockford dome tweeters, 12" Rockford Sub, Sony head unit, Future Mods: Front Bull Bar with Hella 500's, rock lights, bed lights, Exhaust System
    Ok so I've got the 2" ToyTec Basic lift sitting in my storage waiting to be put on my 1988 Toyota Pickup and was pretty certain thats what I was sticking with...its just front ball joint spacers and rear add a leafs...The more I think about it, I'm leaning towards ordering the 4" Pro Comp supsension kit with the upgraded shocks...its actually 4" in the front and 3.5" in the rear...What should I do?
    4 in. Front/3.5in. Rear Lift
    Lower Control Arm Drop Brackets
    Rear Crossmember
    Rear Block w/3.25 in. U-Bolt Kit
    Brake Line Kit
    Front/Rear ES3000 Shock
    Shock Boots Not Included

2. Jan 16, 2010 at 7:48 AM
    eagleswarrior

eagleswarrior [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    1988 Toyota Pickup 3.0 V6...
    Paint Job (Imperial Jade Mica-6Q7), 2" ToyTec Susp. Lift, Pro Comp ES9000 Shocks, Mud Tires, New Carpet, two-toned Dyed Dash, Blue LED's in instrument cluster, rockford fosgate 6 1/2's, 1" Rockford dome tweeters, 12" Rockford Sub, Sony head unit, Future Mods: Front Bull Bar with Hella 500's, rock lights, bed lights, Exhaust System
    My question is if I get the 4" pro comp with the lower control arm drop brackets, wouldn't I have more ground clearance with the 2" ToyTec?

3. Jan 16, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    yotarob2005

yotarob2005 Kiss My IFS

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Bryan , Tx
    Vehicle:
    05 D-cab trd sport long bed
    Front Bilstien 5100's Set @ 1.75", rear 5100's & TSB springs, Flowmaster, TRD seat covers, Toyota All weather floor mats, 265/70-17 Michelin LTX AT2's, some Debadgeding, BHLM, led bed lights, 886 back up lights, fog lights anytime mod, Extra d-rings, Toyota bed mat, sockmoney TRD decals, Kenwood 890DNX, Firestone ride-rite air bags, 2 car seats.
    I would stick with what you have bassed solely on the fact that you already have it. Why spend more money. If you do decide to go with the Pro Comp, pm me with a price for your toyotec, I might be interested in putting it on my 86 4runner

To Top