1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2 TSB's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nick54, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Aug 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    This coming Monday I will be getting new TSB 4 leaf rear springs and ECM Calibration: Enhancement to Shifting Performance & Smoothness, on my 2010 Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed. The dealer says its a software download. I will post the results sometime next week.

2. Aug 7, 2010 at 3:15 AM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    I had the tranny ECM TSB done and it was a huge improvement.

No more going around a corner and feeling like the truck was in neutral and then have it slam into gear a few seconds later.

You should be happy with the results.

Make sure they don't do the gas pedal recall ECM flash at the same time if you don't want it. My dealer wanted to do both at the same time, since the computer would already be hooked up. I told him I was not interested at this time.

3. Aug 11, 2010 at 9:35 AM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    Just got my truck back from the dealer, new TSB 4 pack springs installed and I love the ride and rear height. I know it will settle a bit but it sure looks good. I took it for a ride before I accepted it and the steering wheel was off center after the alignment so I went back and the mechanic made a slight adjustment and all is well. I didn't get the ECM download, dealer said it wasn’t for my truck - OK. Now I can't wait to get my nfab step bars and load them.:D

4. Aug 11, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    I've had my 06 now for 4 months so I thought I'd go to the Toyota dealer that sold it new. I gave them the Vin # and They said that the first owner never got the rear suspension TSB taken care of. When He told me what the cost would be I almost fell over. Would you believe $2,263.47. I don't think I'll worry about getting it done any time soon.

5. Aug 11, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Were they trying to charge you to do the TSB?

6. Aug 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    YEP!! they said that since it wasn't a Recall and I was not the first owner that it was at my expense. I have a hard time believing that however I've don't think I'll have it done. I am going to a spring shop that I've dealt with in the past to see what they say.

7. Aug 11, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I believe this TSB is paid for under the warranty, since your past that period they will want you to pay for it. On the other hand, I have in the past purchased an additional leaf from a local spring shop and disassembled and added the leaf myself, not really difficult at all. Just be sure to get an alignment when your done, oh by the way, much cheaper than 2200.00

To Top